Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Tbh I really hate how some people are elitist and act like the Type R forum is different from everywhere else on the website. All the Type R forum means is that any topic that is directly related to the Type R goes in this subsection. This particular topic was broad enough that pretty much anyone on this forum could comment on, regardless of whether or not they actually own one.

Idk if this was supposed to be directed at me or not but everything I said was facts and wasnt "bashing" or "repetitive", I simply called it like it is. And it pretty much agrees with what you and everyone else said.
I mostly meant that Nohonor dipshit.

OP is just trolling at this point. He doesn't seem to understand that the Type R engine is tuned and special - you can't make the Accord 2.0T engine into the Type R engine with simple bolt ons and a tune. It's not the same.
Sponsored

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag

OP is just trolling at this point. He doesn't seem to understand that the Type R engine is tuned and special - you can't make the Accord 2.0T engine into the Type R engine with simple bolt ons and a tune. It's not the same.
@NoKz @KTuner challenge accepted.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag

Can't ever take this guy seriously anymore after the "My civic is a muscle car" thread, that was a whole other level of troll.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Watch any collectors car show or read any collectors car barn find. It is always the cars with the special motor they didn't put in anything else that everyone wants
Well... kind of. The days of putting in a custom order with the manufacturer to, say... get a certain model with a non-standard engine just isn't a thing anymore. That was something from a by-gone era and can't be directly compared to now-a-days. Hell... options lists have given way to just trims with options packages. Some cars don't even have hardly any factory options. My Si had the only factory option available... it's tires. Everything else is dealer add-ons.

Your CTR has the only... and best motor you can get. Crate engines are nothing new... and Honda's in on the action. Things like the Vandal that have a K20C1 that is tuned far beyond what a CTRs variant has would be a big upcheck for the engine. With the demise of the J-series engine in the Accord, with the only holdout in Honda's line being maybe the Odysseys, and they're adding DI to those to milk those old, heavy but smooth engines for all they're worth... you'll keep seeing the K20C1, detuned for economy all over the place. Just because the block designation is the same doesn't mean it's the same engine.

Heck, give it a couple years and the Odyssey might have a K20C1.

If you think that makes the CTR a minivan... then I guess you oughta offload it. It's no different than when MazdaSpeed 3s came out to a lot of love for what they were and then they tossed a variant of the engine in their CX7 crossover/minivans. Honda's stuck around the high 20 mpg range, even with their 10 and 9 speed autos. If they can crack 30 after they're sure it will holdup to a 4500+ lb vehicle... I bet you see the Accord variant trickle in.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
It may sound lame, but to me, the main thing that separates the Type R from any base civic is not the engine, but the structural adhesives lol

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
OP is just trolling at this point
Really hate how people just throw around the word troll. I have an opinion same as you. I made a BASIC observation and how I felt about it. Yall the ones reading more into it and picking it apart and being rude to me. So exactly how am I trolling myself?

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can't ever take this guy seriously anymore after the "My civic is a muscle car" thread, that was a whole other level of troll.
Seriously..lol. one that post was mostly just for fun. And two 95% of every single commenter on it missed the point of it. There was a few who got it but for most part people missed the point.
But again troll? Because some has an opinion or an unpopular opinion does not make them a troll. Yall need to go research what a troll is. Actually your post I'm answering us more trolling then what you say I am. Going into a forum on equality and making racist posts is trolling . Owning a type R posting your opinions on said type R on a type R forum is not trolling.
People have different opinions then yours really...yes..its true. And it's ok. But because they dont agree with you does not make them less valid or trolls.

Last edited:

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
IIRC, the current CTR engine is the same as the previous generation CTR.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Calling someone a troll is an easy way out, used often by hammerheads

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Seriously..lol. one that post was mostly just for fun. And two 95% of every single commenter on it missed the point of it. There was a few who got it but for most part people missed the point.
But again troll? Because some has an opinion or an unpopular opinion does not make them a troll. Yall need to go research what a troll is. Actually your post I'm answering us more trolling then what you say I am. Going into a forum on equality and making racist posts is trolling . Owning a type R posting your opinions on said type R on a type R forum is not trolling.
People have different opinions then yours really...yes..its true. And it's ok. But because they dont agree with you does not make them less valid or trolls.
No i got what you were saying, it's just the way you phrased that other thread's title and such came off as that which in a way set the tone for this post when I first saw it. The whole thing about the R's engine not being "special" was truly something I didn't understand or agree with and there are sooo many people who have troll posts on this forum so at some level I did think you were just screwing around. Also, it's the internet. In case you haven't noticed people (including me) are pretty liberal with the term "troll", it isn't something you should take to heart. But anyway no hate, im all for people having different opinions.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No i got what you were saying, it's just the way you phrased that other thread's title and such came off as that which in a way set the tone for this post when I first saw it. The whole thing about the R's engine not being "special" was truly something I didn't understand or agree with and there are sooo many people who have troll posts on this forum so at some level I did think you were just screwing around. Also, it's the internet. In case you haven't noticed people (including me) are pretty liberal with the term "troll", it isn't something you should take to heart. But anyway no hate, im all for people having different opinions.
Cool thanks for the reply I appreciate it., yeah I post some out there posts but not trying work people up just get them talking. It is a shame so many are just looking for a fight and instead of useing my posts as a talking point which its meant, instead attack it ,reply cruelly or just out right call me an idiot when in actuality it was them that didnt get it. Not you, just saying.
I have a fairly good post to thanks ratio so I know my posts are liked fairly well. It's just a shame the few that want to call me an idiot get the attention but oh well.
I'm just trying to.mix it up ya know. Can o ly come here and read another post about someone's tint so many times so I'm just trying to post different opinions and topics.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well... kind of. The days of putting in a custom order with the manufacturer to, say... get a certain model with a non-standard engine just isn't a thing anymore. That was something from a by-gone era and can't be directly compared to now-a-days. Hell... options lists have given way to just trims with options packages. Some cars don't even have hardly any factory options. My Si had the only factory option available... it's tires. Everything else is dealer add-ons.

Your CTR has the only... and best motor you can get. Crate engines are nothing new... and Honda's in on the action. Things like the Vandal that have a K20C1 that is tuned far beyond what a CTRs variant has would be a big upcheck for the engine. With the demise of the J-series engine in the Accord, with the only holdout in Honda's line being maybe the Odysseys, and they're adding DI to those to milk those old, heavy but smooth engines for all they're worth... you'll keep seeing the K20C1, detuned for economy all over the place. Just because the block designation is the same doesn't mean it's the same engine.

Heck, give it a couple years and the Odyssey might have a K20C1.

If you think that makes the CTR a minivan... then I guess you oughta offload it. It's no different than when MazdaSpeed 3s came out to a lot of love for what they were and then they tossed a variant of the engine in their CX7 crossover/minivans. Honda's stuck around the high 20 mpg range, even with their 10 and 9 speed autos. If they can crack 30 after they're sure it will holdup to a 4500+ lb vehicle... I bet you see the Accord variant trickle in.
Hi, wow thanks for a well put and great reply. This is the kind of dialog I try to get going with my topics.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I really don't understand the logic surrounding the exclusivity of the CTR's powertrain. This car meets a very competitive price point. And they did it by sharing a good amount of components from the parts bin on a global chassis. The things that make this uniquely an R package are all there - seating, suspension, wheels, aero, brakes, and tweaked hardware to support the higher output powertrain (fueling and turbo). And Honda has not really deviated from this formula throughout the R's heritage.

Drive back to back with the Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT and you'll immediately notice the slight increase in rev hang and the lack of punch in the upper RPMs. Even if you were to tune the Accord, it still couldn't funnel enough air and fuel to compete with the CTR's configuration.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really don't understand the logic surrounding the exclusivity of the CTR's powertrain. This car meets a very competitive price point. And they did it by sharing a good amount of components from the parts bin on a global chassis. The things that make this uniquely an R package are all there - seating, suspension, wheels, aero, brakes, and tweaked hardware to support the higher output powertrain (fueling and turbo). And Honda has not really deviated from this formula throughout the R's heritage.

Drive back to back with the Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT and you'll immediately notice the slight increase in rev hang and the lack of punch in the upper RPMs. Even if you were to tune the Accord, it still couldn't funnel enough air and fuel to compete with the CTR's configuration.
Your reply got me thinking. You know it's not a type R engine unless it's in a type R. I guess my hang up is the press calling it the type R engine is in this or that when it really is not a type R engine. It should be called the K20C1 version what ever which would make it an accord engine or RDX engine. They build the hype by saying they have Type R engines when in reality they dont.
Sponsored