Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yup the days of things like the f20c motor being exclusive to one car are long over sadly.
Sponsored

itrgsr94

Never Fake Never Phony
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have no issue with purpose built track cars like the Atom or Vandal using this engine.
It's a testament to how awesome it is, and future mods we'll be able to make.
As for the Accord my friend owns a 2018 2.0T 10 speed auto.
The two cars are night and day, as intended.
The Accord is smooth and torquey down-low, but doesn't pull nearly as hard over 4000 rpm.
Jalopnik covered the differences between the engines, they are quite large. (Pistons, crankshaft, turbo, injectors, LSD and tuning).
Let alone the suspension tuning and chassis the CTR has.
I see 100 Accords a day, maybe 1 CTR every few months and the tuner scene here is huge.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
They can put this motor in other variations in whatever they want. It'll never be a CTR motor and whatever vehicle they put it in will never be a CTR. Fine by me. I doubt ITR owners were pissed about the GSR B18C1...night and day to the B18C5. Can't even compare.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I also like that the Type R forum now has regular bashers from the non-R forums. Some need to find new hobbies, as they're starting to sound repetitive.
It's just how the internets made people. Its the same on reddit or any other forum. Nothing but people telling everyone they are wrong, thier opinions are stupid or just flat out being jerks or going in to comment just to start problems.

Even good stories or stories about something heroic people will tear apart. Hell there are people now that do nothing but dig back through famous peoples histories just to find anything they can just to cause trouble.

The internet is sort of like religion in the middle ages. Suppose to be good and unifying but instead was the most foul evil thing used to be cruel, hatfull, vengeful thing used to push agendas, usurp power and basically be a awful person. We are in a digital crusades era.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
What do you think the K20C1 is? They've been putting K20's in stuff since the turn of the century. Putting de-tuned versions in everything is just a compliment.

And as everyone says, this car is not about the engine - it's about the total package, which does include a very special engine.

I also like that the Type R forum now has regular bashers from the non-R forums. Some need to find new hobbies, as they're starting to sound repetitive.
Tbh I really hate how some people are elitist and act like the Type R forum is different from everywhere else on the website. All the Type R forum means is that any topic that is directly related to the Type R goes in this subsection. This particular topic was broad enough that pretty much anyone on this forum could comment on, regardless of whether or not they actually own one.

Idk if this was supposed to be directed at me or not but everything I said was facts and wasnt "bashing" or "repetitive", I simply called it like it is. And it pretty much agrees with what you and everyone else said.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
ditto the engine they manage to squeeze into a car doesnt make it any less special, nor is it uncommon. The IS-F, RC-F, GS-F all use what is at its base a v8 truck engine. Does it make those cars any more pedestrian? no.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
ditto the engine they manage to squeeze into a car doesnt make it any less special, nor is it uncommon. The IS-F, RC-F, GS-F all use what is at its base a v8 truck engine. Does it make those cars any more pedestrian? no.
I could be wrong but I thought the Tundra V8 were 100% in house developed while the F V8 were all new, jointly designed with Yamaha. The only commonality they have is cylinder count.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I could be wrong but I thought the Tundra V8 were 100% in house developed while the F V8 were all new, jointly designed with Yamaha. The only commonality they have is cylinder count.
Right, but they all are part of the same engine family.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Type R motors have almost always been used in other vehicles whether it was Lotus using them in their cars or Ariel Atoms and now Vandals... at least we know the motor is good quality for other manufactures and teams to want to use it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So to those saying an engine does not make a car any more or less special... Watch any collectors car show or read any collectors car barn find. It is always the cars with the special motor they didn't put in anything else that everyone wants. Not the common motor there were 400 cars made with. I watched a show the other day with a somewhat rare car and the guy opens the hood and goes "oh, yeah that's the small block they put in everything" and closed the hood. He was excited before that and you could see the excitement leave his face. The engine is the biggest deal in any car, with out it the car is nothing. Now I know there are you who are gonna be all its a civic not a collector car... well back in the day the Camaro's and Fords that are barn finds were common and not considered collector cars either. Every car hop greeser kid had them. They are now collector cars because they are now rare and have special motors. I personally would like to see the R become a collectors car and not have it common or its engine spread all over the place.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I don't think the K20C1 in the EXACT CTR spec will make it's way into any other Honda product. I think we are safe.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag