OP
OP

Integra.thanh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Country flag
Sure - if you can afford it, and can find a sticker priced new car, new is better, but in my case 33,000 was absolutely the top of my budget.

Also new a new 2019 is 36,695 so in my case $3795 more - significantly more -was just no way to fit in my budget. I had found and was in talks with a dealer on a 19 at sticker before buying my 17, but just couldn't make the #s work.

For Honda to give a car CPO there has to have been no bodywork done, tires certain tread depth (mine are nearly new specs), brake pad thickness etc, all have to be met. And you could argue 7/100 is better warranty than the 3/36 the car has new, I can tell you I sleep well at night. :D

Basically the message Im trying to get to the OP, if you can't quite swing new, there are solid deals on solid cars out there, just have to do your legwork.
This is basically me. Great deal homie and loving our similarities. I hope to do the same.

Thanks all for the responses... it's helping me with the search. At the end of the day it has to be an economic decision and a good deal, I'm not in a rush. It DOESN'T have to be NEW but TX's prices are still $36k + ADM so no thanks.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
This is basically me. Great deal homie and loving our similarities. I hope to do the same.

Thanks all for the responses... it's helping me with the search. At the end of the day it has to be an economic decision and a good deal, I'm not in a rush. It DOESN'T have to be NEW but TX's prices are still $36k + ADM so no thanks.
Most of the dealers in my area were selling with ADM, but I eventually found one that didn't (I think it was the 7th dealership). The owner of this dealership was adamant about not selling above MSRP, though my vehicle was also an autoshow vehicle (but this would also apply to non-show vehicles as well).

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
If you're sincerely not in a rush, place a deposit for one at MSRP. Sent you the info over PM.

Btw, you had a ITR? Might have met you before and forgot or never met you. I knew most of the ITR owners in our town.

I thought about it for a hot minute. Did you grow up in South Houston near Almeda mall?

Last edited:

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sorry to necro this thing. I've been sorta doing the same thing, especially after the price bump for a new 2019. The 2020 CTR will be right around the corner so I'm wagering you're going to see more Used 2019 model years appearing as the year ends.

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
OP, I recognize your screen name from Honda-tech. Did you own 00-0567?
With respect to your question, you can for sure find one in the low thirties and autotrader and cargurus are the sites I use to shop used cars, unless there is a specific forum.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

Friend there is a pristine 2019 Blue one with roughly 5k miles for 34k and some change now. Snap it up it's just down the street from me at a VW dealership - Midtown VW I think is the name.

You could be driving it tonight -

OP
OP

Integra.thanh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Country flag
hey all, appreciate all the support. sorry forgot this thread existed.

I got a REALLY good deal on a 2019 NEW CW. so, to all the lookers, keep your head up, keep looking, you will find your deal. PEACE OUT, HMU FOR ANY QUESTIONS.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

I got a REALLY good deal on a 2019 NEW CW. so, to all the lookers, keep your head up, keep looking, you will find your deal. PEACE OUT, HMU FOR ANY QUESTIONS.
Congrats. So what’s a really good deal on a new CTR?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

Congrats and enjoy - my advice - don't disclose what you pay. Either nobody will believe you if a good deal, or people will deride you for paying too much. Just enjoy the car :)

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Congrats and enjoy - my advice - don't disclose what you pay. Either nobody will believe you if a good deal, or people will deride you for paying too much. Just enjoy the car :)
He's not wrong. This forum is super toxic about that. Mostly because so many paid a silly ADM. I paid $36.5k OTD and got banned for it...:rofl:

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Something tells me your ban had very little to do with the price you paid.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best time to buy used is between now and 2021 when the market is kinda “flooded” with used ones and while Honda is still cranking out new ones. Preowned prices will most likely increase as soon as Honda stops making them sometime in 2021.

How likely is Honda going to make a completely ICE CTR after 2021? Look no further than the Ford Mach-E. We’re witnessing the last true performance pure gasoline car from Honda, for better or for worse.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best time to buy used is between now and 2021 when the market is kinda “flooded” with used ones and while Honda is still cranking out new ones. Preowned prices will most likely increase as soon as Honda stops making them sometime in 2021.

How likely is Honda going to make a completely ICE CTR after 2021? Look no further than the Ford Mach-E. We’re witnessing the last true performance pure gasoline car from Honda, for better or for worse.
It might be a hybrid or it might not be. I don’t think you can compare the Mach E with the CTR. The Mach E looks to be capitalizing on both the SUV and EV trend in attempt to appease those two types of people who maybe have memories of driving their older mustangs.

I think the big question is will next gen (assuming there is one), remain manual only or will Honda offer an alternative transmission? I’d like to think they would still have at least a manual option, but honestly who knows.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Fine. But then don’t say that “I got a REALLY good deal...” in a thread about buying a CTR and then not back it up with relevant info.

He's not wrong. This forum is super toxic about that. Mostly because so many paid a silly ADM. I paid $36.5k OTD and got banned for it...:rofl:
xxx OTD is also meaningless due to tax, trade in, etc. First, rip on those who paid an ADM then boast about what you paid. Nice. Oh, since I will register the CTR in OR (no sales tax), I can quote an OTD price of $35,670....which is misleading without the OR info.
Sponsored