Squeaking moonroof

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Apply it to the edge of the glass itself.
Sponsored

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
He’s talking about the plastic ‘moonroof’, or shade cover. As you slide it, try to wiggle it around and feel where the contact points are. This might not help a ‘rattle’ if the cover is bouncing up and down, though.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
He’s talking about the plastic ‘moonroof’, or shade cover. As you slide it, try to wiggle it around and feel where the contact points are. This might not help a ‘rattle’ if the cover is bouncing up and down, though.
Oh, that? I never notice mine doing anything. But then this is my third in the past twenty-five years, so if it makes any noise it doesn't seem unusual enough for me to notice.

Civic Serbia

First Name
Milutin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport Plus
Country flag
Does anyone know if "waterstripe" on panoramic roof is covered by warranty? Mine is one year old, its got 15000km, and this rubber is deformed on half of its way, its placed in front of the "opening"

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Does anyone know if "waterstripe" on panoramic roof is covered by warranty? Mine is one year old, its got 15000km, and this rubber is deformed on half of its way, its placed in front of the "opening"
Definitely get to them and ask as soon as you can! They usually cover things like that in the first year, through warranty if not ‘good will’.
Sponsored