novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0L NA 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys. I noticed over the last couple of days that my clutch pedal squeaks the odd time when releasing it. Its a 2017 LX sedan 2.0. I bought it a month ago with only 27,000km on it from the dealer. It has gotten colder the last week or so, don't know if that may have anything to do with it. I have Honda Plus warranty so I could always take it to the dealer to have it checked, however I thought I'd check here first to see if there is a simple fix. Would applying some WD-40 to the clutch pedal assembly under the dash help? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is just happened to my wife 2016 LX 2 L 6MT, ( 30 K miles ) 2 months ago. It's now fixed.

I spray WD40 on the pedal mechanism under the dash, there is a spring and some moving parts....
Squeak .
I thought it could take few days to WD40 penetrates / work ; always squeak.
I spray white grease all over; squeak

On week later no more squeak. One month now with no more squeak.

I wish it help you.

OP
OP
novy_wan_kenobi

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you used both WD40 and grease? I saw some people use a dry lube with teflon as well. Just trying to find out the best stuff to use.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you used both WD40 and grease? I saw some people use a dry lube with teflon as well. Just trying to find out the best stuff to use.

Yes I use both.
I have Teflon too but i did not use it, I thought is is too light.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
lol, My '07 Fit developed this little feature like 2 years into the 11 years I owned it. I just lived with it. Don't be like me.

OP
OP
novy_wan_kenobi

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I should have noted as well, it only squeaks when releasing the clutch. Everything is fine when I push it in, but when releasing there is a slight squeak sometimes right at the end of the release, usually only taking off in first gear, or gearing down from say 4th to 3rd. Was this similar for either of you @REBELXSi or @latole , or anyone else?

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I should have noted as well, it only squeaks when releasing the clutch. Everything is fine when I push it in, but when releasing there is a slight squeak sometimes right at the end of the release, usually only taking off in first gear, or gearing down from say 4th to 3rd. Was this similar for either of you @REBELXSi or @latole , or anyone else?
Bro, throw some grease on it and fix your car. Something heavier than wd 40 should work. I really wouldnt over think this

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1- " I should have noted as well, it only squeaks when releasing the clutch " ; same for my wife's Civic
2-"......right at the end of the release.." ; No , at the beginning of the realease
3- Any gear; it come from the pedal , nothing to do with the gears

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Hey guys. I noticed over the last couple of days that my clutch pedal squeaks the odd time when releasing it. Its a 2017 LX sedan 2.0. I bought it a month ago with only 27,000km on it from the dealer. It has gotten colder the last week or so, don't know if that may have anything to do with it. I have Honda Plus warranty so I could always take it to the dealer to have it checked, however I thought I'd check here first to see if there is a simple fix. Would applying some WD-40 to the clutch pedal assembly under the dash help? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks
WD40 eats rust, but it's very agressive. If it were me, I'd use 3-in-One penetrating oil on it (yellow/orange can). To protect it from getting wet in the future, once the 3-in-One penetrant is set in, spray the hinge with lithium grease. 3-in-One also makes spray lithium grease (blue can), so you can just grab a can of both at the same time. While you're at it, use your lithium grease on the door hinges, trunk hinges, under hood hinges, and anywhere else you may see factory lithium grease was applied. It's thick and repels moisture over a long period.

OP
OP
novy_wan_kenobi

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the advice guys. I made an appointment at the dealer for Friday since its all under warranty. They'll probably just lube it up no doubt.

Evolution999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me: 2014 Evo X MR, 2014 Nissan 370Z Nimso, For the mrs: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan
Country flag
In hindsight i don't know if hondas have a grease gun nipple on the dustboot covering the ball joining the slave cylinder so remove the boot and smear grease on it so you didn't accidentally pump grease through the bleeder nipple . Better yet take it to the dealer

Last edited:

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Hows your brake pedal? Mine is getting annoying. Squeaks every time i lift my foot of the pedal.

OP
OP
novy_wan_kenobi

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Brake pedal is perfect, no noises at all. It's so weird, I was out driving the car today, it's about 6 degrees celsius out and there's no squeaking out of the clutch pedal at all when I release it. It's perfect. Colder weather coming tomorrow with possible snow, I'll see if that changes anything...
Sponsored