MaximusBKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan + a few non-Hondas
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chocolate is an afrodisiac...

*Turns on Barry White voice* Love, lust, it's all the same, baby...

:grouphug:
I checked this thread when half of the office was out for lunch, and it was really quiet. This made me laugh really loud. Like, way too loud. Everyone looked at me oddly.

Hey now, I am not the girl in question! I am just the wedding planner! :love: I can't interrupt what is meant to be for mister @MaximusBKK.
This is the part where the wedding planner is there and has been there every step of the way, just to help out the groom... then the bride doesn't show up. Then...

Hopeless romantic through and through here, & the Honda love runs very deep. YESSS!!! We can meet in Wendover or Elko for a chocolate exchange, hahaha. Elko is a bit closer to halfway between Reno and SLC ;) ROADTRIP!

And I personally think if this is gonna happen, you gotta take the Honda theme even further...Honda shaped wedding cake, M&M's with the Honda logo on them in your wedding colors (which should be MSM and something else, obviously) for your wedding favors. I will come up with more ideas, it's just too early right now lol.
The groom realizes that the wedding planner is the one he's been meant for the whole time. She's a romantic like him, creative like him, and she would love the idea of a Honda themed wedding! And they both turn and look at each other at the same time, run toward each other while silhouetting a gorgeous sunset, and embrace, never letting go. And then they lived happily ever after....

This is officially the strangest, most funny, and most awesome forum thread I've ever participated in.

Also, I think it is hilarious that on the list of things you did early this morning was came up with Honda themed romantic ideas.

Man, the uniqueness is waaaaay over for my area... Literally had WOP sedan drive by and not even a glance... Then the next incident really proves it over: I park my car to walk into a Chipotle (don't judge) and just as I walk away, I turn back around and see another LSM sedan pass by and leave the parking lot. Not so much as a stop, a wave or a bouquet of flowers, Honda-shaped chocolate, nothing... Damn, the honeymoon is OVER.
Silverrascal, just because you might be seeing others take these beauties for granted doesn't mean that you have to fall into the same trap! I came out of the grocery store after work today and didn't walk straight to the car. I walked in a semi-circle, almost drooling at how much I love the lines. It's been almost a year and I still ogle it every time I see it. The honeymoon isn't over until you say it is!

#hondacivicxhoneymoonslastforever... or something. I don't actually use hashtags.
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
This is the part where the wedding planner is there and has been there every step of the way, just to help out the groom... then the bride doesn't show up. Then...

The groom realizes that the wedding planner is the one he's been meant for the whole time. She's a romantic like him, creative like him, and she would love the idea of a Honda themed wedding! And they both turn and look at each other at the same time, run toward each other while silhouetting a gorgeous sunset, and embrace, never letting go. And then they lived happily ever after....

This is officially the strangest, most funny, and most awesome forum thread I've ever participated in.

Also, I think it is hilarious that on the list of things you did early this morning was came up with Honda themed romantic ideas.
Ohhh shit, this movie just took an unexpected (but maybe secretly predictable?) turn...I can neither confirm nor deny that this was my secret ploy all along. I guess I shouldn't become a wedding planner after all...I am a groom stealer.

I've never been involved in a more wonderful forum thread, this has been fun. :)

Well, it is early morning again and I do have more ideas, but it looks like your wedding fell apart. #sorrynotsorry

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
I'm actually wondering what happens after a car that looks this good becomes a 'common appliance'.
Turns exactly that, common. I remember the looks my friend got when he bought his Scion xB, one tye first to own it around my parts, everyvody would crowd that car no matter where he went. But after the first year it wasnt uncommon to see them and copy cats started to come out, it just became another car :-(

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL

I always admire the civics I see around. Unfortunately I've seen several White ones but not as cool as mine hehehe. One of my neighbors has a blue touring and he stares at my car as he passes by but I am always far away from my car. I tried to wave or give the thumbs up to the ones that I was able to catch up but I noticed older people driving LX Ones. I am yet to find a proper CivicX buddy that acknowledge our coolness.

An old gen Civic dude chased me on the highway to give me the thumbs up. He noticed my car from far away and I saw him doing silly stuff trying to catch up to me. It was cool to get a compliment from an older gen civic owner.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Turns exactly that, common. I remember the looks my friend got when he bought his Scion xB, one tye first to own it around my parts, everyvody would crowd that car no matter where he went. But after the first year it wasnt uncommon to see them and copy cats started to come out, it just became another car :-(
If you do small mods... your car can be average but still rare. Thats the main reason I worked my dealer to give me a good deal on my EX with Aero kit and wing. I worked a good deal. I got 50% off in the aero and free wing spoiler. An old friend of mine is the manager at that dealer. At least my car is a bit different. I am told I am the only sedan from my dealer to come out with that configuration. I haven't seen other cars with the aero kit

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It really disappoints me that the Civic X population is nothing like our community here. I have yet to have a single other Civic X driver even acknowledge me. I find it absolutely ridiculous too. I mean... Do they really think they could have got a color changing paint option from their dealer lol. My civic kind of stands apart.

I'm so used to driving an enthusiast car, it's weird now. I previously had a 97 Eagle Talon and all the DSM guys would wave to each other. I still have my WRX and Subbie guys always wave. I traded my Mustang in for my Civic. Mustang people usually notice you.... but usually give you a look like "my mustang is better than your mustang".

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yes, but DSM owners kind of had a shared sympathy for each other for the misery the cars inflicted on us... Even while we smiled and raved about them the whole time... In complete denial.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, but DSM owners kind of had a shared sympathy for each other for the misery the cars inflicted on us... Even while we smiled and raved about them the whole time... In complete denial.
I LOL'd. My work mates are staring.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was going to the pool today and saw a silver coupe. Then when we got into the parking lot there was a red ex-t or ex-l and I looked a little further down and there was an energy green couple ex. I was like omg 3 within 10 min.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm actually wondering what happens after a car that looks this good becomes a 'common appliance'.
From how many I've seen it basically already is. So many people buy this car simply for a daily driver and don't give a fuck about it. Pretty soon we'll see trashed ones with swirls, fading paint, windows that don't roll up, bumpers that are cracked etc. We were rare in the beginning, and if all of us continue to love our cars for the years to come, we'll be rare in the end as well.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I can say I've never waved at anyone in another CivicX, nor has anyone waved at me. I see a minimum of at least 20 new Civic's a day in Toronto.

Heck I used to drive a GMC Terrain, there are way less of those on the roads, and we didnt wave at each other lmao

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From how many I've seen it basically already is. So many people buy this car simply for a daily driver and don't give a fuck about it. Pretty soon we'll see trashed ones with swirls, fading paint, windows that don't roll up, bumpers that are cracked etc. We were rare in the beginning, and if all of us continue to love our cars for the years to come, we'll be rare in the end as well.
This makes me cry. How can a car so special be so ubiquitous? Still rare in Houston. One of the only few who drive one here in this city. I rarely see one.
Sponsored