Spotting other Civic owners on the road

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I think it's a numbers game. The members of this forum make up a tiny percentage of the CivicX owners out there. So the chances of the driver in the other CivicX being an enthusiast like us, are extremely low. I'm seeing more and more each day, and have yet to come across someone who even notices that we have the same car.
Sponsored

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
... The first I remember of waving was with VW bug owners in the sixties, everyone waved.
Funny you mention this! Before I was born, my parents were driving a Beetle. When someone flashed their lights, sometimes they hit the windshield wipers. They were new and different. This picture, guess where it is.
Honda Civic 10th gen Spotting other Civic owners on the road 40894906.79f7fa4c.800

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody see a new 2016 civic on the highway and try to catch up with them lol try to drive side by side and honk at them ?
everytime I see an owner there all over 50 and don't even look at you .. Disappointing lol
I use to get excited seeing other civics. But I feel stupid because I never notice anyone else pay mind to mine so I just don't care anymore. But I still look because the car is so go damn sexy.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I use to get excited seeing other civics. But I feel stupid because I never notice anyone else pay mind to mine so I just don't care anymore. But I still look because the car is so go damn sexy.
The curse of driving a sexy car...you don't get to see it yourself as you drive. When you finally do see another one you have to stare and think "that's what I look like to other people...damn it looks good"

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The curse of driving a sexy car...you don't get to see it yourself as you drive. When you finally do see another one you have to stare and think "that's what I look like to other people...damn it looks good"
I have a coworker that has a Touring, he pulled in right before me this morning. I licked my lips while looking at dat ass, what a beauty at night ;)

Last edited:

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love how the lights stay on for a little after getting out at night. Gives me time to give her a complete walk around. When I first got her I would look out the window 20 times a day and be like wow so beautiful. I still do it haha.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love how the lights stay on for a little after getting out at night. Gives me time to give her a complete walk around. When I first got her I would look out the window 20 times a day and be like wow so beautiful. I still do it haha.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds excuses to look out the window constantly lol

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds excuses to look out the window constantly lol
You have more of an excuse because you have that beautiful burgundy night pearl. If they had that color on the lot I would have got that. But I settled for black which I'm happy with still.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I drive my GTI, I will occasionally get a wave from another GTI owner. Once played friendly tag with another GTI owner on an open stretch of highway and once I exited we waved and went our ways. I think with Civics, like others have mentioned, there are so many more on the road and it feels less unique even in the 10th Gen version. I typically try to give at least to acknowledge other 10th gen owners but I've only gotten one response from a cute owner in her WOP EX. Still got it! haha. But generally, other 10 gen owners are sadly oblivious. Had another LSM EX-T pulling out of a driveway as I got out of my LSM EX-T and the guy didn't even bat an eye. smh

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Yep. The time of the new, flashy and unique CivicX has came and went. Soon they'll 'just' be Civics, driven by the masses as reliable transportation.

Kurt, that's okay if you don't wave to other motorcyclists. We'll just think you're a snob... ;)

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point.

Can I still hope to have a hottie with a new Civic wave back if I flash her? We'd both turn around, ogle each other while batting our eyelids seductively, race each other back to my place to Netflix and Chill, and eventually get married to Jodeci?

Then me and my Civic SO would have babies, get the single family house with the white picket fence, wave "Hi!" to our neighbors while getting the newspaper in our robes every morning, and live happily ever after.

"Oh, how'd you guys meet?"

"We flashed each other one day - it was true love from then on out!"
That sounds like it would be a good commercial lol

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody see a new 2016 civic on the highway and try to catch up with them lol try to drive side by side and honk at them ?
everytime I see an owner there all over 50 and don't even look at you .. Disappointing lol
I pulled up a Civic that looked just like mine and we looked at each other

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I saw a guy in a CivicX the other day in my area at a stoplight, so I pulled up next to him and waved (probably a bit more enthusiastically than I should have...) and he waved back very confused like, lol. I don't think he reciprocated my excitement...so I went on my merry way. That was like one of 3 I've seen in the area since I bought the car, so I was excited dude!

bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I went 4 months after buying my new Civic before I saw another '16 in the wild, and then it happened twice in one weekend. The second time it was even the same color as mine. Both times I gave a thumbs up, but I don't know if they saw me.

I have to admit, even though I'd been looking at pics of this car for months before I bought it, I still second-guess myself when I see one on the road. What always confirms it for me is the boomerang tail lights.
Sponsored