First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody see a new 2016 civic on the highway and try to catch up with them lol try to drive side by side and honk at them ?
everytime I see an owner there all over 50 and don't even look at you .. Disappointing lol
They're always oblivious, I've stopped trying to acknowledge other X owners on the road.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Haha the majority of Civic buyers don't know what their car looks like lol.

I'd think that if you were one of "those owners", a stranger on the highway honking and frantically waving at you would cause distress lol.

Also people are generally bitchier now lol

I once honked and followed this one lady about 4 blocks before she finally pulled over and shouted "WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM???" only when I told her she had two flat tires did she soften up and thanked me for letting her know.

OP
OP

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

I'd think that if you were one of "those owners", a stranger on the highway honking and frantically waving at you would cause distress lol.

I once honked and followed this one lady about 4 blocks before she finally pulled over and shouted "WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM???" only when I told her she had two flat tires did she soften up and thanked me for letting her know.
No way lol well in Ontario I guess people are nicer haha yeah but when you see another turbo you think they would notice you because it's the best car of the year

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I saw someone in a white EX-T/EX-L today, gave a friendly flash of the brights and a wave, dude flips me off. Fine, fuck you too bud, we're no longer penpals. :dunno:

People literally don't know what car they drive. Or don't care.

And yeah, there's a lot more bitchiness/general rudeness on the road vs. 3-5 years ago. Dunno why, but something's changed.

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
Ok, this is a topic that *was* very popular when MINI Coopers were the new thing. Those are easy to recognize. When the second generation came out, people on the forums were discussing how nobody waved anymore. Now it's third generation, and everyone has one now.

Even I, a car nut, has trouble recognizing a new Civic. You can't expect regular folks, no matter the age, to be waving to each other. It ain't gonna happen! :doh:

When I drive my 1969 Chevy pickup, that's a different story when another one is nearby. :truck: If you crave getting waves, change vehicles.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I saw someone in a white EX-T/EX-L today, gave a friendly flash of the brights and a wave, dude flips me off. Fine, fuck you too bud, we're no longer penpals. :dunno:

People literally don't know what car they drive. Or don't care.

And yeah, there's a lot more bitchiness/general rudeness on the road vs. 3-5 years ago. Dunno why, but something's changed.
:rofl: I want this to happen to you again just so that you can come here and write about it!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, this is a topic that *was* very popular when MINI Coopers were the new thing. Those are easy to recognize. When the second generation came out, people on the forums were discussing how nobody waved anymore. Now it's third generation, and everyone has one now.

Even I, a car nut, has trouble recognizing a new Civic. You can't expect regular folks, no matter the age, to be waving to each other. It ain't gonna happen! :doh:

When I drive my 1969 Chevy pickup, that's a different story when another one is nearby. :truck: If you crave getting waves, change vehicles.
Good point.

Can I still hope to have a hottie with a new Civic wave back if I flash her? We'd both turn around, ogle each other while batting our eyelids seductively, race each other back to my place to Netflix and Chill, and eventually get married to Jodeci?

Then me and my Civic SO would have babies, get the single family house with the white picket fence, wave "Hi!" to our neighbors while getting the newspaper in our robes every morning, and live happily ever after.

"Oh, how'd you guys meet?"

"We flashed each other one day - it was true love from then on out!"

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
:rolleyes: Uh.... sure. [is there a TMI smiley?]

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I was freeway friends with a blue LX civic and we drove a good portion of my commute together. My job then changed my shift and I no longer have him as a freeway friend and other civic owners don't seem interested :cry:

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Good point.

Can I still hope to have a hottie with a new Civic wave back if I flash her? We'd both turn around, ogle each other while batting our eyelids seductively, race each other back to my place to Netflix and Chill, and eventually get married to Jodeci?

Then me and my Civic SO would have babies, get the single family house with the white picket fence, wave "Hi!" to our neighbors while getting the newspaper in our robes every morning, and live happily ever after.

"Oh, how'd you guys meet?"

"We flashed each other one day - it was true love from then on out!"
That's some serious #HondaLove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2016 Acura MDX, 2006 Acura RSX, 2016 Honda Civic coupe touring
It's nothing to do with age, to most drivers a car is just transportation and they could care less about waving. The first I remember of waving was with VW bug owners in the sixties, everyone waved.
Motorcyclists all wave but after about 50 years of that I don't wave back any more. I don't bother looking for civics with all cars looking the same now and I won't return your wave.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I still have my CR-Z, and every time I come across another one on the streets we are both excited to see it and wave/smile. It's stark contrast to the massive sales the civic has.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2016 Acura MDX, 2006 Acura RSX, 2016 Honda Civic coupe touring
I still have my CR-Z, and every time I come across another one on the streets we are both excited to see it and wave/smile. It's stark contrast to the massive sales the civic has.
I would wave in that case as well. I ride vintage motorcycles and we always wave at each other and in some cases stop and chat.
Sponsored