Spotted: RR CTR Syracuse NY

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Saw a RR civic type R on West St. during the morning commute. You a member here? Pretty rare to see one in this area.
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I've seen that one (as I doubt theres more than a few in cuse, especially RR) drive by when I was out for a night with the boys. Wish I had gotten a closer look, I plan to buy one and haven't seen the red in person up close.

OP
OP
FifStreet

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think I've seen that one (as I doubt theres more than a few in cuse, especially RR) drive by when I was out for a night with the boys. Wish I had gotten a closer look, I plan to buy one and haven't seen the red in person up close.
I've only ever seen 2 others on the road. A CW in the city (we exchanged friendly greetings), and a PMM on 481, north of rt 31 a couple of times. (always going the opposite direction as me)

RR was my first choice, but at the time I was shopping for one, the nearest one was in Connecticut and they wanted 10k over sticker.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've only ever seen 2 others on the road. A CW in the city (we exchanged friendly greetings), and a PMM on 481, north of rt 31 a couple of times. (always going the opposite direction as me)

RR was my first choice, but at the time I was shopping for one, the nearest one was in Connecticut and they wanted 10k over sticker.
Sounds about right man! I have seen one CBP driving on the other side of the highway on 490 in Rochester and then the quick glimpse of the RR in Cuse. I live in Roc and it's funny I don't see more of them for such a big city.

I will not settle for any other color... And screw that premium. You didn't have much of a choice though, dealers were getting people to pay extra for a while. It helps that its been a few years and they sit now. There's a Sonic Grey at Ide Honda in Penfield that's been there about 6 months now! Also I plan on keeping my current hatch as the daily and yes, CW is nice, but every so often I wish I'd just gotten my ST in red. Sooooo we'll just have to get the CTR in red! :rofl:

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sounds about right man! I have seen one CBP driving on the other side of the highway on 490 in Rochester and then the quick glimpse of the RR in Cuse. I live in Roc and it's funny I don't see more of them for such a big city.

I will not settle for any other color... And screw that premium. You didn't have much of a choice though, dealers were getting people to pay extra for a while. It helps that its been a few years and they sit now. There's a Sonic Grey at Ide Honda in Penfield that's been there about 6 months now! Also I plan on keeping my current hatch as the daily and yes, CW is nice, but every so often I wish I'd just gotten my ST in red. Sooooo we'll just have to get the CTR in red! :rofl:

I usually try to stop in everytime I pass by and beg Kiersten at IDE to let me take that R out for a test drive... No luck yet lol

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I usually try to stop in everytime I pass by and beg Kiersten at IDE to let me take that R out for a test drive... No luck yet lol
Aye a fellow Rochestarian! I used to live right down across from Tops! Up in Greece now though since the upgrade from apartment to house could not happen on the East side... $$$

Lol, they know by now you don't intend to buy it :lol: Don't know why they have to be so selective at this point... I've read a lot of posts here that people couldn't test drive them. You could try Carmax, I saw one there once shopping for the gf's car - I would imagine they'd be much more willing to let you take it for a spin!

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Aye a fellow Rochestarian! I used to live right down across from Tops! Up in Greece now though since the upgrade from apartment to house could not happen on the East side... $$$

Lol, they know by now you don't intend to buy it :lol: Don't know why they have to be so selective at this point... I've read a lot of posts here that people couldn't test drive them. You could try Carmax, I saw one there once shopping for the gf's car - I would imagine they'd be much more willing to let you take it for a spin!

I grew up behind st johns church in fairport, and actually lived in greece near long ponds recently until early 2018 small world. Renting in pittsford now saving for a house.

You are right though they are on to me, i thought my car purchase there and the fact that my relatives are heads of the NEQ audi club would be enough to convince them to let me test drive but since it wasnt it's become more of a running joke... you never know they might break one day though lol

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I grew up behind st johns church in fairport, and actually lived in greece near long ponds recently until early 2018 small world. Renting in pittsford now saving for a house.

You are right though they are on to me, i thought my car purchase there and the fact that my relatives are heads of the NEQ audi club would be enough to convince them to let me test drive but since it wasnt it's become more of a running joke... you never know they might break one day though lol
Wow man, small world indeed. I moved out from Massachusetts for college at RIT and I like it sooo much better here so I stayed. Cheaper, not too many people, and when you hit traffic, it's like 10-15 mins tops. And the weather is the same just a touch more snow from the lake.

But anyways yeah you do never know man. I mean if they know you'd really love to own it, after a certain point they might and try to work something to move it off the lot. They can't hold out on these things forever... Like it probably doesn't look too good to Honda if you don't move it within a year or something like that. That being said, I am unfamiliar with how that works on the corporate side.

Side note I think I saw they got a CBP in, for some reason I find myself checking the dealers in Roc every so often just to see even though I'm at least a year out from buying one... Maybe now that they have a new one your chances may increase ;)

OP
OP
FifStreet

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you are really desperate for a test drive, I would consider offering mine up.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What a guy! Take him up on it and bring him out for a nice steak after @Neddih :thumbsup:

Already trying to figure out when and where I would ask to meet up for the opportunity... There's a DM in his future for sure :thumbsup:

blackhawk867

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21436
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

hey I live in Rochester too with my ABM! In the ~1 year I've had my R I've seen 2 CW, 1 RR, 1CBP, and 1 other ABM! They were all in passing in the Henrietta/Pittsford area, I think I only got an acknowledging wave from 1 of them once :(

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey I live in Rochester too with my ABM! In the ~1 year I've had my R I've seen 2 CW, 1 RR, 1CBP, and 1 other ABM! They were all in passing in the Henrietta/Pittsford area, I think I only got an acknowledging wave from 1 of them once :(
Ayyy I've probably seen you! Saw a nice ABM at one of the apple orchards (can't remember which one) back in the fall, one of my garage pics is actually from that day lol. It looks very nice in person. How do you feel about the Boosted Blue now that they announced it?

It's funny I actually saw two CW last weekend... One of them went in the same store and asked when I bought mine - I'm like "Well it's not an R..." He goes "Oh no shit, didn't even notice!" The big wing must be all anyone notices :lol:

blackhawk867

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21436
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ayyy I've probably seen you! Saw a nice ABM at one of the apple orchards (can't remember which one) back in the fall, one of my garage pics is actually from that day lol. It looks very nice in person. How do you feel about the Boosted Blue now that they announced it?

It's funny I actually saw two CW last weekend... One of them went in the same store and asked when I bought mine - I'm like "Well it's not an R..." He goes "Oh no shit, didn't even notice!" The big wing must be all anyone notices :lol:
I keep a keen eye out for other Type R's/modded Civics and I don't remember seeing yours at any of the orchards I went to in the fall, so it was probably that other ABM I've seen.

I gotta admit the Boosted Blue looks nice, but if I was in the market now I'm not sure I would get it... It's just a bit to "bright" for me to own myself. The PMM is my second choice for color so I'd probably go with that.

I've also seen a RR civic hatch rolling around in East Rochester a couple times, it has a Type R wing, super dark tints, and a Type R badge on the back, but the interior and exhaust are from a base civic hatch lol. It's one thing if you want to slap a wing on/do mods to a regular hatch, but as soon as you put a Type R badge on it I get pissed lol.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep a keen eye out for other Type R's/modded Civics and I don't remember seeing yours at any of the orchards I went to in the fall, so it was probably that other ABM I've seen.

I gotta admit the Boosted Blue looks nice, but if I was in the market now I'm not sure I would get it... It's just a bit to "bright" for me to own myself. The PMM is my second choice for color so I'd probably go with that.

I've also seen a RR civic hatch rolling around in East Rochester a couple times, it has a Type R wing, super dark tints, and a Type R badge on the back, but the interior and exhaust are from a base civic hatch lol. It's one thing if you want to slap a wing on/do mods to a regular hatch, but as soon as you put a Type R badge on it I get pissed lol.
Ah, I guess so. I just did a google quick and am 99% sure it was Wickham farms right around end of August. But the CTR was parked close to other people which blew my mind, I only have the sport touring and I still park miles away wherever I go, even with all the snow and crap. I just don't trust the general population....

And I agree. At first I was thinking it was nice, but I agree it's too bright. ABM has so much depth to it. Mine will be RR for sure. Ideally I'd like to pay this guy off soon here and grab a CTR brand new before they stop production, but who knows how that will work out so I might end up with a lightly used. Honestly should have gone with RR for the daily but I liked the ivory leather interior better and that was unavailable with the RR.

I have never seen that civic, I've only seen a gray sport with the wing, bmspec duckbill, and the "Brazzers" license plate frame lol. Dude came up behind me on a backroad in Brockport and passed over the double yellow stomping on it. Definitely had an exhaust too. Probably tuned at that rate as well. But yeah I think putting the Type R badge on is pretty ridiculous. It makes like, zero sense to me. At that point you're no longer simply taking design cues, you're just outright lying about what you have. I never would claim to have a Type R until the day I get one, although apparently to some people simply putting the wing on a base or sport constitutes as "trying to be a Type R"...
Sponsored