Sport vs non sport rear bumper question

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Hi, i have a non sport hatch and was wondering if the sport diffuser is a plug n play?
Sponsored

Jayz.91

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Sport Touring
Country flag
If i get an oem exhaust will there need to be mods done to my car for the install? I think I've read somewhere about a bracket that needs to be cut?
If you mean an OEM sports exhaust, it will not fit in an LX/EX hatch. Something about the spare tire sitting lower in those trims.
If your goal is to convert your exhaust to a center-exit, you'd need a custom exhaust from a shop or try ordering one from those random Thai companies. I think ProDrager is the more popular one on the forums.

OP
OP
First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
If you mean an OEM sports exhaust, it will not fit in an LX/EX hatch. Something about the spare tire sitting lower in those trims.
If your goal is to convert your exhaust to a center-exit, you'd need a custom exhaust from a shop or try ordering one from those random Thai companies. I think ProDrager is the more popular one on the forums.
That was my goal.. so the exhaust won't work but the diffuser should right? Trying to think what i would need to remove on my rear diffuser to be able to have that center sport look. The one from prodrager will work though?

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
It's about 95% plug and play, You won't need the Sport's left and right bumper extensions from the Sport's part list, and there's four holes on the Sport diffuser that won't line up with the LX / EX hatchback brackets. I just fabricated a couple of bracket extensions using some scrap plastic panduit covers, but you probably can run the diffuser just fine without them. Can take a photo of the panduit brackets if you want, but it probably isn't needed.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport vs non sport rear bumper question 2020 sport diffuser on LX

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport vs non sport rear bumper question sport diffuser parts

Last edited: