Sport Mode Reset

1. asdrg459

asdrg459 New Member

Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si
    I had my wiring harness for the active damper system replaced by the dealer, but I don't notice the change in sport mode anymore (steering feels the same and boost is not higher than normal mode). The dash shows sport mode is activated. Does anyone know how to reset or re calibrate sport mode?

MutatedMango thanked this.
  2. amirza786

amirza786 Senior Member

Director of IT
    First Name:
    A
    Car(s):
    2006 Camry SE V6, 2013 Toyota Sienna LE, 2018 Honda Civic Si (SOLD), 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
    I would take it back to the dealer and not mess with it yourself. They may have forgotten to connect something, I don't think there would be any re-calibration that I know of

asdrg459 and MutatedMango thanked this.
  3. OP
    OP
    asdrg459

asdrg459 New Member

Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si
    Thanks for the tip. I had the dealer look at it after they connected the wiring harness back up but they said the steering was heavier putting it into sport mode; to me the steering feels the same and I max out at 17psi in both modes. The ADS warning light does not come on any more after the fix, so I'm sure the suspension is all hooked up.

4. JT Si

JT Si Senior Member

First Name:
    JT
    Car(s):
    2018 MSM Civic Si
    #4 JT Si, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Sport mode does not increase the available boost or power. It just remaps the throttle to be more responsive. You won't see any difference in peak boost.

You should definitely notice the steering, and if you are sensitive to it the damping response change.

asdrg459 thanked this.
  5. OP
    OP
    asdrg459

asdrg459 New Member

Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si
    Just an update. Seems like sport mode reset it's self after a month or two. All problems are fixed.