Sport mode enabled at all times (hondata)

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Im curious if this is like pushing the button everytime I start the car. Its just doing it for me? What I want to avoid is the dampeners switching back and forth constantly. Or if they are, could it be of any long term problem for the active dampeners???
Sponsored

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Im curious if this is like pushing the button everytime I start the car. Its just doing it for me? What I want to avoid is the dampeners switching back and for constantly. Or if they are could it be of any long term problem for the active dampeners???
These are dual mode dampers, not active or adaptive. There's likely just a electronically controlled valve that is opened or closed when in sport mode to provide a firmer ride and better handling. Having the car start in sport mode won't wear anything out faster than just putting it in sport mode after starting the car.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
These are dual mode dampers, not active or adaptive. There's likely just a electronically controlled valve that is opened or closed when in sport mode to provide a firmer ride and better handling. Having the car start in sport mode won't wear anything out faster than just putting it in sport mode after starting the car.
My question would be does the car default to non sport every time its turned off (activating the solenoid or deactivating) and then reapplying sport during the start up sequence or if it changed the default mode to sport altogether? I dont really want to wear out the solenoids in the dampers before their life expectancy is reached...

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
My question would be does the car default to non sport every time its turned off .
If it didn't, you wouldn't have to hit the sport button every time you turned the car on, right?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
If it didn't, you wouldn't have to hit the sport button every time you turned the car on, right?
OP is asking whether w/ hondata setup to default to sport mode if when the car is off the solenoids in the dampers switch back to the normal mode. That's probably a question for hondata.

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP is asking whether w/ hondata setup to default to sport mode if when the car is off the solenoids in the dampers switch back to the normal mode. That's probably a question for hondata.
exactly right ..... @Hondata

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
If your Econ button is off. You are on tune. If the Econ button is on. You are on hondata mode (stock). My car turns on to whatever mode I left it when I turn it off. Usually have the tune on at all times. Econ only on during heavy traffic jam...

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your Econ button is off. You are on tune. If the Econ button is on. You are on hondata mode (stock). My car turns on to whatever mode I left it when I turn it off. Usually have the tune on at all times. Econ only on during heavy traffic jam...
This doesnt apply to the sport mode in the Si's.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
This doesnt apply to the sport mode in the Si's.
Guys don't understand what OP is asking. OP's not talking about the car starting back up in whatever mode it was turned off in. He's asking if when the car shuts off, the solenoids or whatever in the shocks are deactivated out of sport mode and then re-activated when the car is turned back on into sport mode. So even though the car was in sport mode when turned off and still in sport mode when started up, did the dampers actually cycle through a sport mode > regular mode > sport mode?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys don't understand what OP is asking. OP's not talking about the car starting back up in whatever mode it was turned off in. He's asking if when the car shuts off, the solenoids or whatever in the shocks are deactivated out of sport mode and then re-activated when the car is turned back on into sport mode. So even though the car was in sport mode when turned off and still in sport mode when started up, did the dampers actually cycle through a sport mode > regular mode > sport mode?
Exactly...well said. :)

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody have a guess?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
If they are truly solenoids they turn off every time. I would think this is the case to have a failsafe. One way to check is a voltmeter when sport is on and off. If voltage is present while sport mode active then they turn off with the car. If they are command to spooll valves, they would get a signal to spool on and a signal to spool off and voltage would only be there momentarily.

Last edited:

Old George

First Name
Georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a similar problem. Since I had Hondata +6 installed in normal mode and the +9 on the sport mode at the same time
as a dyno tune, my car is always in sport mode when I start it. Each time, I have to press the button to set the normal mode.
While driving, i can choose one or the other without problem.
Everything works fine,except that I have to press the button at each restart engine, because in the city traffic, the mode sport is too violent.

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
If start in sport mode the car will always start in sport mode. So pushing the button turns sport mode off. If the dampeners are never told to change out of sport mode they won’t.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Holy time travel, Batman!
Sponsored