.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Why do you even want to upgrade these? I havenā€™t heard of any axles failures there are way more important things to spend the money on.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Theyā€™re polished to a mirror finish with fine-grit 100-dollar bills and the price reflects the laborious craftsmanship.

OP
OP
Tim818

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Why do you even want to upgrade these? I havenā€™t heard of any axles failures there are way more important things to spend the money on.
Hope your comment doesnā€™t come back to haunt me one day lol, I do a lot of spirited driving on the weekends and maybe one day plan on pushing over 500whp, I would be on the fence still whether I want to purchase some or not.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Knock on wood haha

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've heard of one so far breaking an axle during launch at the strip on P.R. So if you want to go that path is possible to happen.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I could see that happening on slicks. They also have those mythical 500hp+ unicorn dynos down there so who knows what theyā€™re doing.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I could see that happening on slicks. They also have those mythical 500hp+ unicorn dynos down there so who knows what theyā€™re doing.
When the crowd catch up with what they are doing over there it won't be that mythical. PRL sended their turbo kit to be tested there for a reason. Also what they do is not that different than what Vit Viper did with intercooler, downpipe and motec.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
so you can add it to your mod list when you post up on the forums of course.

When the crowd catch up with what they are doing over there it won't be that mythical. PRL sended their turbo kit to be tested there for a reason. Also what they do is not that different than what Vit Viper did with intercooler, downpipe and motec.
i don't doubt the numbers but would help if they weren't so secretive on the mods they have to obtain those figures.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
so you can add it to your mod list when you post up on the forums of course.

i don't doubt the numbers but would help if they weren't so secretive on the mods they have to obtain those figures.
All their dyno posts on their forums say their mods, it is in spanish and it is on their fb pages.
@REDSTAR

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! We're still quite a bit a ways from people snapping their axles on the regular. In fact, we're still quite a bit a ways from the avg joe making 500+ hp. Even if you did make 500+, spirited driving wouldn't break your driveshafts. If you were to buy these right now, the cv boots would probably rip before you made 500+ hp lol. I would probably go custom from driveshaft shop before I get these. Judging from what I've seen lately, it's all rebranded. So nevertheless, these do say "Spoon" on them. Depending on who you are, that may justify the purchase regardless.
Sponsored