Spoiler optional, Si?

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hello All,

I was thinking the other day if this is something that I can custom order to have or not have when buying a vehicle? Specifically the Si. Does anyone have any experience ordering/buying an Si without the spoiler? I imagine this is not possible. Depending on how the spoiler is going to look on the sedan, I may not want one. Just a thought.
Sponsored

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
Hello All,

I was thinking the other day if this is something that I can custom order to have or not have when buying a vehicle? Specifically the Si. Does anyone have any experience ordering/buying an Si without the spoiler? I imagine this is not possible. Depending on how the spoiler is going to look on the sedan, I may not want one. Just a thought.
This is not something Honda usually allows. However if you don't like the spoiler, you could post here and I'm sure you could find someone who would pay for the labor to have the trunk lids switched if they can get a free spoiler out of it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Or you get a good body shop to remove it and clean up the holes while still making it look good.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You do realize the rear deck won't even have the 3rd brake light so if you yank the spoiler, you'll only have the mains. I know this because historical Si sedans never came with the enclosure for it and the RS models from Australia don't have it either. I even pulled the Si debut pics so a spoiler delete would technically make your car not roadworthy.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spoiler optional, Si? A33A7184

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Why would they move it from the rear window?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Why would they move it from the rear window?
Why wouldn't they? It's a waste of space and all that to have the 3rd brake light assembly when it comes with it from the factory in the spoiler. In fact if you think about, the rear deck was so short on the 9th gen that only Si sedans had the 7 speaker audio with subwoofer due to the lack of 3rd brake light enclosure. The regular sedans, even the EX-L Nav (Touring in Canada) had to make due with the 6 speaker system. The coupes got the 7 speaker on the EX and above if I'm not mistaken because the 3rd brake was always on the lip.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spoiler optional, Si? A33A7184
Old Si, the light is on the spoiler and the deck light is non existent where the housing isn't there either compared to the regular sedan.

If your question is wondering why they moved it from the rear deck to the spoiler, it could be that the spoiler obstructs the view so that drivers behind won't be able to see it in the deck. Honda is still to cheap to have the wiring done in the roof to have it mounted like the coupe or ILX. Regarding the ILX, the roof mounted brakelight allows that car to have premium sound with subwoofer despite having the 9th gen short deck.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like you said, you'd think they'd put it up top instead.

OP
OP
DrwMDvs

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
You do realize the rear deck won't even have the 3rd brake light so if you yank the spoiler, you'll only have the mains. I know this because historical Si sedans never came with the enclosure for it and the RS models from Australia don't have it either. I even pulled the Si debut pics so a spoiler delete would technically make your car not roadworthy.

A33A7184.jpg
You do realize that the start of this thread is ancient? Before any sedan photos were even released...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You do realize that the start of this thread is ancient? Before any sedan photos were even released...
Blame zerostatus for bumping this sucker because I wouldn't have replied if I hadn't seen it...

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
You do realize that for a couple of generations the SI has had the 3rd brake light in the spoiler? :rolleyes:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Really? My 8th gen Si coupe had it in the rear window.
Honda Civic 10th gen Spoiler optional, Si? Capture.JPG
Notice how the parts list starts at #5 and that any listing for the brakelight assembly, 3 and 4 with corresponding bulb and electrical connector are non existent in the parts diagram for 2011 Coupe Si. I checked 2007 and it doesn't exist either so there wasn't a change for the 09' facelift.

How would you have the 7 speaker premium sound with sub if you had the brakelight enclosure in the rear deck anyway?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now I remember, the 3rd was so small you never even knew it was actually there in the spoiler. My mistake. Shouldn't be that hard to do a spoiler delete though as people did it all the time to the old Si's.

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont know what Honda was thinking on the rear of that Si sedan. The spoiler needs at least 3 inch legs to raise it and the bumper looks just stupid.. lol

A33A7184.jpg
Sponsored