First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
Anyone would consider putting these washers on theirs? Seems like it could work with the shape of our front splitter.
Sponsored

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
I got the SlipLo Skid Plate installed on mine from Sticker City. They're polyurethane strips that look totally stock but do a very adequate job of protecting the undercarriage from damage.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
I got the SlipLo Skid Plate installed on mine from Sticker City. They're polyurethane strips that look totally stock but do a very adequate job of protecting the undercarriage from damage.
Do you mind if I get a shot of it? I wanna know where they put it up. I hear it's quite expensive to cover all, if not partial.

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
For sure, I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow morning when there's some light. They're pretty hard to see actually - pretty much attached them along the bottom of the leading edge. They're probably less than a 1/4 inch thick. Got the entire lip done for $300.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
The price for material and installation is way more than the type-r front lip. You're better off buying another type-r front lip. hondapartsnetwork has it for $237.04.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned
The price for material and installation is way more than the type-r front lip. You're better off buying another type-r front lip. hondapartsnetwork has it for $237.04.
To each their own really. The shipping on the OEM honda parts websites can be quite high, with enticement of prices beating the dealerships. Also not to account for install/labor. Though this should be a simple straight up bolts and fasteners solution, some folks aren't comfortable about getting under their cars. Also there's that worry about how the 2019 lips aren't as textured as the previous years...

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
Hope these pics give a good idea of what it looks like - you can see it's very subtle, but does a great job of protecting the lip from scratches. It goes all the way across the front lip.

Honda Civic 10th gen Splitter Protection IMG_20190418_112045

Honda Civic 10th gen Splitter Protection IMG_20190418_112019

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
  • Banned

catspaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '04 RX8
Country flag
So they quoted me 300, but actually threw it in for free when I got my car wrapped, so to be honest the quote might have been a little high. As to whether it's worth it or not, those little dudes have already protected my lip from bottoming out on my driveway curb a couple times (damn thing is like mount rushmore), as well as a headstone in a parking lot, so I'm pretty satisfied.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
To each their own really. The shipping on the OEM honda parts websites can be quite high, with enticement of prices beating the dealerships. Also not to account for install/labor. Though this should be a simple straight up bolts and fasteners solution, some folks aren't comfortable about getting under their cars. Also there's that worry about how the 2019 lips aren't as textured as the previous years...
I can get a replacement front lip for $275 from my local dealership.

The installation is 15 minutes. Pop a few clips, remove front lip, and insert the clips back.

If the 2019 lips aren't textured, there will be a new part number.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my type R lip last summer from honda dealer for $160 canadian dollar only. I probably wont be spending 300 to protect something that is 160.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Having just spent way too much on the EVS front lip/ splitter combo I am now interested in these. For the OEM lip who gives a shit but once you've spent a good chunk of money it might matter.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Having just spent way too much on the EVS front lip/ splitter combo I am now interested in these. For the OEM lip who gives a shit but once you've spent a good chunk of money it might matter.
I bought this and plan to double stack it to a degree. I don't know if it'll work for you. I haven't put it on myself, but it seems thick enough to be the sacrificial lamb
Sponsored