Splashguards

Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
New EX owner (1 week) and first post.
Greetings everyone. After negotiating price I was able to twist my salesman's arm just a bit more and get him to throw in splashguards and highwall floor mats to seal the deal. I told him I would do the installation so it wouldn't involve labor costs but he had everything done when I arrived to take delivery. Something that concerns me is the drill through sheet metal points for the screws. When I get time I plan to take the guards back off and apply some undercoating(?) in and around the holes. I haven't decided what the best product might be for this, Suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Something that concerns me is the drill through sheet metal points for the screws. When I get time I plan to take the guards back off and apply some undercoating(?) in and around the holes. I haven't decided what the best product might be for this, Suggestions would be appreciated!
What bodyshops do is apply touch up paint around the hole (bare metal) then screw back in. Take the added measure and apply rust proofing gel or spray around the hole after the paint dries.

Search "college hills honda spoiler install" on youtube ;)

Keith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Something that concerns me is the drill through sheet metal points for the screws.
I found that the installation doesn't involve drilling through any fender metal. It's all plastic so no rust issues down the road.

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
Last edited:

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
... How did you guys get to the back screws without removing the rear wheels? I can't even fit the shortest screw driver I have back there. I have a touring if that makes any diff (though I don't see why it would)
They either angled a long screw driver or found just about the smallest stubby screwdriver.

I was able to angle a screwdriver to remove them, but to install new ones I used a good Philips -BIT- and a crecent wrench to turn and tighten the screws back on. I wanted to make sure especially the new screw (through pushpin hole) went in straight instead of an angle.

Poppi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler,
So, the white touring I am looking at has already installed, splash guards, trunk liner, wheel locks, and interior / exterior protection stuff. MSRP is 990. They want to leave it in the price for 396... I guess it's worth it.

T10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BLACK TOURING
So went to dealer and picked up some today list was $60 CAD got 15% discount so $50 for rears only as we get front installed from factory.
Sponsored

Last edited: