Speedometer Is Finally Broken

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I must be crazy for saying this... but I am happy my speedometer finally broke. It has been crashing on me at random times and rebooting. Very annoying while you are driving. I told the car dealership and they said it it isn't acting up they can't fix it. Well guess what.... it finally went out. I have pictures and video of it while driving down the road. Here is a picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen Speedometer Is Finally Broken 43248298_833864650154633_4122899528753872896_n
Sponsored

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It is a 2017 with roughly 31K miles. Still under the bumper to bumper warranty but I bought the 100K mile extension because I was driving the heck out of the car with about 150 mikes per day. That is why I have the high miles but my commute is only 5 miles now. The problem with my speedometer crashing started right at the beginning when I bought it new.

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Julian... explain your fear! Are you having the same issue?

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It's a LCD display. It will broken sooner or later. That's my fear.
I don't think the screen is broken or bad. display screens can last a very long time. It may be a loose connection or something.

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I brought the car in and showed it to their lead technician who is very good at fixing problems. He said "this is a first" because he has never seen this issue before. They couldn't even get the mileage from my car because the entire screen is off. He thinks it is the screen and said he may need to order a new one. They gave me a loaner.

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I brought the car in and showed it to their lead technician who is very good at fixing problems. He said "this is a first" because he has never seen this issue before..
Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I brought the car in and showed it to their lead technician who is very good at fixing problems. He said "this is a first" because he has never seen this issue before. They couldn't even get the mileage from my car because the entire screen is off. He thinks it is the screen and said he may need to order a new one. They gave me a loaner.
I used to hate using that reply when I was in tech support - when in fact I had seen it many times.

Thats one reason I am glad I am leasing my SI - if I wasnt I would want the extended warranty just for the electronics. Same as if it developed a dead pixel. That'd be annoying..

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I used to hate using that reply when I was in tech support - when in fact I had seen it many times.

Thats one reason I am glad I am leasing my SI - if I wasnt I would want the extended warranty just for the electronics. Same as if it developed a dead pixel. That'd be annoying..
I bought the 100K/6 Year extended warranty after I bought the car. I never waste money on extended warranties but this particular issue inspired me to do that. I experienced these random speedometer crashes right after I bought the car new. I also had the electronic parking brake issue. These cars are all electronic and electronics can fail.

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tell them to update the ecu. I had a similar issue. Brand new 2018. Died at a stop sign during test drive. RPM was fluctuating too. They then told me loose connection or ground. Etc etc.

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
They told me they replaced the screen. Everything seems ok for now. I also asked them to update the firmware on the radio. They told me I have the latest version but they lied. There is a new version that I think came out a couple months ago. Now I have to go back tomorrow and deal with them.