Si SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More!

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
I want you all to check out these two videos. One is before the clutch swap and one is after. Keep in mind they are both being revved on a FACTORY tune. The lightweight flywheel makes a huge difference, and I can only imagine how much more with the settings through Hondata or KTuner. Absolutely amazing how different this car behaves.:thumbsup::headbang:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AzN48P3D9y3sEYkVA

You can watch them through this link since the files are too large to be uploaded. The video in the daytime is before the clutch swap.
damn
Sponsored

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ivan, the YouTube videos on chatter seem to show that the chatter is much louder outside the car. If you haven't already done so, open the door and lean out or put it in park and neutral and listen outside. Thanks for being a guinea pig for us!

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ivan, the YouTube videos on chatter seem to show that the chatter is much louder outside the car. If you haven't already done so, open the door and lean out or put it in park and neutral and listen outside. Thanks for being a guinea pig for us!
Have done this! Still very quiet and almost not noticable at all. Let me post the video I made earlier as well. I put my phone by the transmission, by the wheel well, the front bumper, and with the hood closed. Again this might be cause the break in period isn't over but thus far it's honestly very quiet and bearable. I'm glad I got the aluminum.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I want you all to check out these two videos. One is before the clutch swap and one is after. Keep in mind they are both being revved on a FACTORY tune. The lightweight flywheel makes a huge difference, and I can only imagine how much more with the settings through Hondata or KTuner. Absolutely amazing how different this car behaves.:thumbsup::headbang:

You can watch them through this link since the files are too large to be uploaded. The video in the daytime is before the clutch swap.
Great side by side demonstration!

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

wow that is very noticeable quicker rpm drop! Would like to see the difference when you disable rev hang in the tuner.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
wow that is very noticeable quicker rpm drop! Would like to see the difference when you disable rev hang in the tuner.
I might flash the basic factory tune that's in the KTuner which has the adjustable drivability options. So I'm still running factory for the break in period but I can show the difference between factory and rev hang delete. I'll try and get those videos tonight, of driving without rev hang delete and with rev hang delete on this single mass.

I would have loved to show shifts of the setup before the single mass but the car wasn't drivable. Anyone here willing to post a video of the factory tune with without rev hang delete and shifting so we can compare?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will do! I'll go through the break in period first before I do so, so that's it's as accurate as possible. :)
Just send it!!!! lol

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
That sounds damn good! It looks like you have a winner! I still am thinking about the steel flywheel for me though.
I went with the steel flywheel, I’ll be installing sometime next week. So I’ll be able to write a little review on it.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
@IvanJonn, did you take your CDV out? I’m also curious to know the drivability. Theoretically what is better aluminum or steel flywheel for those of us that will stick to 300wheel torque and the ocassional spirited drive?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
@IvanJonn, did you take your CDV out? I’m also curious to know the drivability. Theoretically what is better aluminum or steel flywheel for those of us that will stick to 300wheel torque and the ocassional spirited drive?
Steel vs aluminum does not impact how much torque you can hold. The aluminum flywheel is going to have the above demonstrated more aggressive RPM rev and drop speed. Steel will still be an improvement over stock, but not as dramatic. Light noise from the aluminum version, no noise expected from steel. You're going to pick up a little more horsepower to the wheels with the aluminum version, due to reduced drivetrain power loss.

If you want max performance and don't mind a bit of noise, go aluminum. If you want some performance increase without the noise, steel is a great option. :thumbsup:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Steel vs aluminum does not impact how much torque you can hold. The aluminum flywheel is going to have the above demonstrated more aggressive RPM rev and drop speed. Steel will still be an improvement over stock, but not as dramatic. Light noise from the aluminum version, no noise expected from steel. You're going to pick up a little more horsepower to the wheels with the aluminum version, due to reduced drivetrain power loss.

If you want max performance and don't mind a bit of noise, go aluminum. If you want some performance increase without the noise, steel is a great option. :thumbsup:
What's an approximate lifespan for daily driving? A flywheel swap sounds very appealing to me for the aggressive rpm behavior. Problem is I don't actually need a new clutch because my tune is mild, and I've heard aftermarket clutches have significantly shorter lifespans.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I know that aluminum is good for performance, but it warps quicker no?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Following because I need to make a decision soon. OP, thanks for the great detail in describing your experience so far :)
Sponsored