Si SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More!

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
A couple of questions. Did you do the CDV delete? Also I see you were shifting normally. Does it bind up or lockout if you were to try to shift fast? Thanks
I actually had the CDV removed on my stock clutch. I bought a new slave cylinder because there was a small drip leak I'm guessing from when I removed the valve. Must have torn something. The new slave cylinder still has the CDV and I am most likely going to keep it in there. And I have a couple videos posted within those links. One video was normal, the others were spirited. Shifting fast no bind ups or lockouts. There's slightly more resistance compared to stock but I believe it's just in the nature of this clutch.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Looks like the aluminum flywheel was the way to go. I wouldn’t really say you’re “speed shifting”, but your engagement seems pretty good :rant:.
Are you bringing it up to 6500?
If you want heavy shudder on starts then by all means get the aluminum! Hahaha but jokes aside, after an adjustment period you learn to raise the RPM's enough to have minimal shudder. I can live with it, it isn't a huge issue for me. But sometimes I do miss the easy starts of a stock clutch... And I was shifting pretty quick but yeah not entirely speed shifting. I'll try and make a clip of that sometime tonight. Engagement got better as I racked up more miles. And there were some clips where I let it bounce off the rev limiter because of what you mentioned before. It doesn't really lock me out at all.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
If you want heavy shudder on starts then by all means get the aluminum! Hahaha but jokes aside, after an adjustment period you learn to raise the RPM's enough to have minimal shudder. I can live with it, it isn't a huge issue for me. But sometimes I do miss the easy starts of a stock clutch... And I was shifting pretty quick but yeah not entirely speed shifting. I'll try and make a clip of that sometime tonight. Engagement got better as I racked up more miles. And there were some clips where I let it bounce off the rev limiter because of what you mentioned before. It doesn't really lock me out at all.
I have moderate shutter..
Sponsored