Si SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More!

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Alright... just got home from a quick little trip to get some meds... damn cold. Did 3 solid pulls to test out the clutch at redline. And... I guess I’m super lucky. No lock out, no issues. That 27won turbo is nothing but smiles.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright... just got home from a quick little trip to get some meds... damn cold. Did 3 solid pulls to test out the clutch at redline. And... I guess I’m super lucky. No lock out, no issues. That 27won turbo is nothing but smiles.
Video please!

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@BoostedDreams Forgive me if you've already answered this, but have you tried adjusting your clutch pedal upward? It sounds like you're not getting enough travel through your pedal to fully disengage your clutch when you press it in.

Same question for you @airickmatthews . Did you adjust your clutch pedal up? And do you also find that your car creeps forward when you are in first gear with the clutch pedal down?

CDV delete sounds like it would logically help the lock-out issue as well.

People can be pretty quick to dismiss a product just because people are having issues with it, when there can be other factors involved.

Also, @LilToTo17 , do you have any updates on the Action Clutch offerings?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@BoostedDreams Forgive me if you've already answered this, but have you tried adjusting your clutch pedal upward? It sounds like you're not getting enough travel through your pedal to fully disengage your clutch when you press it in.

Same question for you @airickmatthews . Did you adjust your clutch pedal up? And do you also find that your car creeps forward when you are in first gear with the clutch pedal down?

People can be pretty quick to dismiss a product just because people are having issues with it, when there can be other factors involved.

Dm me

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag

I didn’t adjust anything. The shop I went to took care of everything so I wouldn’t have to. I honestly think it all depends on who does the install. If anyone is in the Tampa area, go to performance auto. Top notch guys and the pricing is right on point.

When I first got my car back, as soon as I barely let off the clutch, the car wanted to lunge forward really quick. After putting in the recommended break in mileage, it feels perfect. Almost as stock, but a little bit tougher. I’d recommend the stage 2+ with steal flywheel all day. Super happy with it so far.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

The shop has adjusted it and it’s near maxed out now at the top. My car doesn’t creep forward with clutch pressed and in 1st. If the CDV delete won’t work I’m taking it to another more reputable shop to take a look, but I’m a long ways from giving up

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
2 more people have chimed in with the same issues so it’s safe to say it’s a manufacturing issue with the part not working with the rest of the car without the need of additional modifications.
Again, SPEC has said they recommend removing the CDV, but no one to my knowledge has done this yet so we cant say if there is a solution yet.
I will be doing it when I have a day off and will report back.

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I posted on another thread last night. Did a 3rd gear pull all the way to 6.5k and can confirm (and admit, lol) that I did get locked out of 4th. So there definitely is a problem. I guess I wasn’t hitting 6.5k last few pulls and was shifting at 6k. Although, I don’t see it as that big of a problem since I’m not hitting the track or anything, but still should be let known. I have not done the CDV delete yet, but whenever I get free time I may tackle it.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I posted on another thread last night. Did a 3rd gear pull all the way to 6.5k and can confirm (and admit, lol) that I did get locked out of 4th. So there definitely is a problem. I guess I wasn’t hitting 6.5k last few pulls and was shifting at 6k. Although, I don’t see it as that big of a problem since I’m not hitting the track or anything, but still should be let known. I have not done the CDV delete yet, but whenever I get free time I may tackle it.
Video of this lockout?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I posted it earlier
1-2-3. 4th I no lift shifted which doesn’t lock out
I meant airickmatthews lol but still doesn’t look like lockout to me

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Video of this lockout?
I’m terrible with videos as we can tell. Lol. Might be able to grab one on Friday. But it definitely locked out. Got up to 6.5k, shifted for 4th, and it took 3 seconds roughly before it would go into 4th. I literally yelled out “fuckin jinxed me!” Lol.
Sponsored