Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Well, I am assuming whoever gets the retrofit will be able to fit aftermarket Type R clutches, yeah?
I've been told yes on this form. But I don't remember who said it.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not a bad price. How long did you have to wait?
Approximately a month from start to finish. Eman runs the same setup in his 450 wtq car and the clutch holds up to that torque just fine, with significant strip time.

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It arrived.

20190416_153117.jpg
Hey so question: I haven't removed the CMC before. Could you tell me where that rubber line goes, and what the stainless steel line is for? Is it the same line that goes in the location of the SS line that PRL sells? Or is it a different line?

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey so question: I haven't removed the CMC before. Could you tell me where that rubber line goes, and what the stainless steel line is for? Is it the same line that goes in the location of the SS line that PRL sells? Or is it a different line?
The rubber line is the fluid feed from the master cylinder. The ss line replaces the factory hardline and small rubber flex hose to the slave cylinder. The factory hardline connected to the slave cylinder stays in service.

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The rubber line is the fluid feed from the master cylinder. The ss line replaces the factory hardline and small rubber flex hose to the slave cylinder. The factory hardline connected to the slave cylinder stays in service.
Ah I see. Do you have pictures of this? I'm curious to how the line sits since it's a SS line compared to a molded/preshaped hard line. And so does that mean I remove my PRL SS line?

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I will have to take some snaps tomorrow. The site wont let me upload the short video I have. The Ss line will reach where it needs to go but doesn't sit very nicely and end was installed twisted - it didn't want to sit naturally in the bracket to get clipped in.
Regarding the prl line you have - if it replaced the factory flex line then yes, you'll replace it with the new line from spec

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I will have to take some snaps tomorrow. The site wont let me upload the short video I have. The Ss line will reach where it needs to go but doesn't sit very nicely and end was installed twisted - it didn't want to sit naturally in the bracket to get clipped in.
Regarding the prl line you have - if it replaced the factory flex line then yes, you'll replace it with the new line from spec
Awh man, I hope there's some way to clean up the way it sits. And I also hope the fact that it doesn't sit within the bracket snug doesn't affect anything.

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Is the diameter of the line bigger than the stock lines?

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC clutch update 20190603_004634
Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC clutch update 20190603_004728

Here's a snap from the wheel well and one from underneath. You can see that the line wants to twist once the line is clipped into the bracket. Doesn't seem to be causing a problem, just a so-so fit.
I believe the lines are the same diameter - i think the main advantage of the new line is the ss braids will minimize any swelling of the line ensuring that the pressure and volume of fluid is used to move the slave cylinder, not expand the lines.

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Just an FYI right now. I contacted Eman last week to get a Type R Retrofit Kit. He just said that they do them in batches and that he does not have an exact ETA on them. Was sad to hear this but it's okay though. My car needs the clutch ASAP and I cannot afford to wait. I ended up getting the FX300 with Aluminum Flywheel

Last edited:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Just an FYI right now. I contacted Eman last week to get a Type R Retrofit Kit. He just said that they do them in batches and that he does not have an exact ETA on them. Was sad to hear this but it's okay though. My car needs the clutch ASAP and I cannot afford to wait.
A lot of people cant wait for it. Maybe the next go around I will look into it in advance. Until then, going to be happy with what I have. I am burning through the rest of the stock clutch I have and getting the Spec +2 put in relatively soon. Just gotta figure out who will do it.