BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I installed the cmc from spec yesterday and like you said it felt great, I woke up with all my dash lights on this morning. Did you get anything similar?
No, dash lights and i put about 1,200 miles on with it so far and it’s great
Sponsored

Shiberu

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
how annoying... just like the modern age of gaming. they release a half-ass game, then fix it with dlc and updates later on. anyway i’ll be ordering mine soon, but next time it won’t be another spec clutch

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
how annoying... just like the modern age of gaming. they release a half-ass game, then fix it with dlc and updates later on. anyway i’ll be ordering mine soon, but next time it won’t be another spec clutch
Lol very true. Also like modern age of gaming, they hype the product way before release date.

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Could you explain to us the install? Was it a direct bolt on or was there any modifications needed?

Also how's the engagement point? I'm assuming since there's more fluid being moved the bite point is lower than when it had the stock CMC?

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Could you explain to us the install? Was it a direct bolt on or was there any modifications needed?

Also how's the engagement point? I'm assuming since there's more fluid being moved the bite point is lower than when it had the stock CMC?
Mine was a straight install. No mods necessary. OEM one comes out, wilwood one bolts in.

The friction point is a little higher than with the OEM cmc. The factory hydraulics could barely move the pressure plate fingers so the grab point was right at the end of the pedal stroke

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Mine was a straight install. No mods necessary. OEM one comes out, wilwood one bolts in.

The friction point is a little higher than with the OEM cmc. The factory hydraulics could barely move the pressure plate fingers so the grab point was right at the end of the pedal stroke
Awesome! Nice to know it's just a drop in.

And it's higher? Hmm... Not sure if I'm understanding incorrectly but would the bite point be lower? In perspective that the clutch pedal is pushed in and your easing off, would it grab sooner? I was thinking this since there's more fluid going through so it releases the pressure plate easier?

But I do also know the pedal can be adjusted. Would one of you be able to post maybe a video or pics of where your clutch pedal sits right now?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

And it's higher? Hmm... Not sure if I'm understanding incorrectly but would the bite point be lower? In perspective that the clutch pedal is pushed in and your easing off, would it grab sooner? I was thinking this since there's more fluid going through so it releases the pressure plate easier?

But I do also know the pedal can be adjusted. Would one of you be able to post maybe a video or pics of where your clutch pedal sits right now?
Should of gotten Eman's CMC way better than wilwoods haha

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

When I mention higher, I mean the distance from the floor. Since the new cmc pushes more volume, it actuates the slave faster.
I had to adjust the pedal a bit as the new cmc would move the slave too far. Took a bit but I think I've got it dialed in.
Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC clutch update 20190529_105109
Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC clutch update 20190529_105057

Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC clutch update 20190529_140403

View attachment 154524

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
When I mention higher, I mean the distance from the floor. Since the new cmc pushes more volume, it actuates the slave faster.
I had to adjust the pedal a bit as the new cmc would move the slave too far. Took a bit but I think I've got it dialed in.
20190529_105109.jpg
20190529_105057.jpg

20190529_140403.jpg

View attachment 154524
Got it! Thanks for the pics man I really appreciate it.

Distance looks good though! It's looks level with the brake pedal. On the stock CMC my clutch pedal was higher than the brake pedal.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Should of gotten Eman's CMC way better than wilwoods haha
You always know what to say liltoto17. To his and all of our defense. Unless you are local to him, getting his retrofit seems like a hassle. Before I knew more of him, putting trust into some dude off Facebook was ridiculous. Who has Facebook anymore anyways? If this spec clutch does not work out for me and there is not an alternative reputable company to try out then I may contact Eman for his Type R retrofit. But that is a long time from now. I have driven a buddy's Type R before. It's not that damn great. It's good but nothing to bow to. I would rather have a better aftermarket option. It just doesn't exist at this moment. Do you have the retrofit? How was the process of getting it and having a shop install it? Is it a lot more expensive than aftermarket options?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You always know what to say liltoto17. To his and all of our defense. Unless you are local to him, getting his retrofit seems like a hassle. Before I knew more of him, putting trust into some dude off Facebook was ridiculous. Who has Facebook anymore anyways? If this spec clutch does not work out for me and there is not an alternative reputable company to try out then I may contact Eman for his Type R retrofit. But that is a long time from now. I have driven a buddy's Type R before. It's not that damn great. It's good but nothing to bow to. I would rather have a better aftermarket option. It just doesn't exist at this moment. Do you have the retrofit? How was the process of getting it and having a shop install it? Is it a lot more expensive than aftermarket options?
I have about 350 miles on my Eman retrofit. Zero complaints. Smooth strong engagement. No chatter or lockout issues. If you don’t have a DMF to send him, you have to pay a refundable core charge that you get back after you send him yours. I also purchased a new OEM throw out bearing from him. With the cost of shipping the DMF and everything, I paid $1090 for the kit and throw out bearing. Well worth it and the best option right now, imo.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s why they call me TMZ Kevin on FB. Yes I do know what to say because experience. You’ve drive a type r oh joy but to have the clutch on your Si is a different story. Also if you don’t have facebook then your really missing out on our groups lol because it is 100% more active on there then it is here. Also saying it’s good nothing to bow to come on man the dudes sold over 40 of them already and not one complaint. Sure holds over 400wtq easily and better yet no gear lockout with or without his upgraded cmc but of course better to have it as stock cmc isn’t good with aftermarket clutches.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I have about 350 miles on my Eman retrofit. Zero complaints. Smooth strong engagement. No chatter or lockout issues. If you don’t have a DMF to send him, you have to pay a refundable core charge that you get back after you send him yours. I also purchased a new OEM throw out bearing from him. With the cost of shipping the DMF and everything, I paid $1090 for the kit and throw out bearing. Well worth it and the best option right now, imo.
That's not a bad price. How long did you have to wait?

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when it is time for a clutch change if you have the retrofit, you just install a stock type-R clutch set and be done with it. That is another positive aspect I suppose. The difficulty is to modify the flywheel.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I still wish I could get like a stage 1 paired with the retrofit. I really want to throw some slicks on and launch it xD. I live 10 min away from a drag strip.
Sponsored