SPEC clutch update

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
Note to self, don't buy anything spec related or their garbage products unless you want to get screwed without so much as a courtesy spit. Charging people to fix a giant mess up on your end is just hilarious. But such is the life of another bottom of the barrel aftermarket company.
parts sold through Spec, and twostep are two different parts. Note.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Wanted to update you guys that the Willwood master cylinder upgrade totally fixed the lock out issue! I didn't even have the dampener taken out. The pedal is probably 50% stiffer, but NO more lockout. I'm so happy

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Wanted to update you guys that the Willwood master cylinder upgrade totally fixed the lock out issue! I didn't even have the dampener taken out. The pedal is probably 50% stiffer, but NO more lockout. I'm so happy
Awesome! Does it raise the friction point on the pedal travel?

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes, it’s higher
Fantastic! I'll be getting on Spec's case to get a kit ordered. $125 doesn't seem like a bad price for a fix. This is great news

Last edited:

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fantastic! I'll be getting on Spec's case to get a kit ordered. $125 doesn't seem like a bad price for a fix. This is great news
Definitely worth it! Shifts fly into gear now with the higher flow cylinder

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I only have about 300 mi on my stage 2+ but i'm glad I'm not crazy. For the life of me I couldn't get into gear on occasion and I was blaming the stock shifter being vague lol.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
When you say 50% stiffer, do you mean 50% stiffer than stock or 50% stiffer than the spec before the new cylinder?

k20z3allmotor

First Name
emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
330whp HBRP FA5 8th, 16 CRZ 6spd ex, 17 rallye red Si sedan
Country flag
I foresee the pedal assembly or slave failing prematurely now. I’ve seen this happen with 8th and 9th gens before lol I don’t expect this fix to last

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I foresee the pedal assembly or slave failing prematurely now. I’ve seen this happen with 8th and 9th gens before lol I don’t expect this fix to last
Well that just ruined my day lol. Guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Last edited:

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Well that just ruined my day lol. Guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
I installed the cmc from spec yesterday and like you said it felt great, I woke up with all my dash lights on this morning. Did you get anything similar?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the cmc from spec yesterday and like you said it felt great, I woke up with all my dash lights on this morning. Did you get anything similar?
Unrelated. Unless you have an actual check engine light on I'm sure they will clear out soon. Not unusual after having the battery unplugged, assuming you did.

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Unrelated. Unless you have an actual check engine light on I'm sure they will clear out soon. Not unusual after having the battery unplugged, assuming you did.
I got those yesterday and those cleared away yesterday. This sounds like it maybe has to do with something else then.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Note to self, don't buy anything spec related or their garbage products unless you want to get screwed without so much as a courtesy spit. Charging people to fix a giant mess up on your end is just hilarious. But such is the life of another bottom of the barrel aftermarket company.
that's exactly what I got out of this thread as well.
Sponsored