SPEC Clutch Proprietary Clutch + Single Mass Flywheel Combos are now available to order!

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si 2011 Grand Cherokee 4x4 1996 rhd crv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what flywheel and clutch combo is this having issues with? I will do a full install with CDV delete and stainless clutch line soon. Wont be able to give high rpm shift feedback until the clutch is broken in. Most clutches require 500 mile break in time.
I have the 3+ with steel flywheel no upgraded clutch line tho and im having the same issue as well. I put a bit more then 800miles on my clutch before yesterday when i tried shifting fast at high revs. But i have another issue as well.
Did yall lose function of the parking break auto release? since i got that clutch put in i lost that function. its not so much of a big deal but i had already gotten used to it releasing by itself.
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have the 3+ with steel flywheel no upgraded clutch line tho and im having the same issue as well. I put a bit more then 800miles on my clutch before yesterday when i tried shifting fast at high revs. But i have another issue as well.
Did yall lose function of the parking break auto release? since i got that clutch put in i lost that function. its not so much of a big deal but i had already gotten used to it releasing by itself.
I think the break hold has to do with the adjustment of the clutch. Mine is working, but it’s common for it to not work if your clutch pedal is in a place it’s not liking.
Sucks everyone is having the shifting issue though. @Two Step Performance how confident was SPEC that removing the CDV would eliminate the problem?

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have heard of that but it is actually a benefit to pre-loading the transmission before a launch. I would much rather have no auto release. That is an interesting issue though.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
the parking break has an auto-release?
Goddamn I remember reving and feeling stooped that I forgot to take it off.
I imagine you wear that sucker down and also burn up your clutch if you forget to take it off.

Then again not sure what brake hold we are talking about here lol

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the parking break has an auto-release?
Goddamn I remember reving and feeling stooped that I forgot to take it off.
I imagine you wear that sucker down and also burn up your clutch if you forget to take it off.

Then again not sure what brake hold we are talking about here lol
Yeah If I forget to put it down it will auto release. You hear it electronically deactivate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si 2011 Grand Cherokee 4x4 1996 rhd crv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn you jinxed me!! Just did a 3rd gear pull for my custom tune.... locked me out of 4th. Think I may have been shifting at 6k instead of 6.5k. Maybe that’s why I wasn’t getting locked out the other day. Looks like I will be messing with the CDV sometime this week.
Update*
Are yall still having the same issue??
So ive WOT shifted from 2nd to 3rd to 4th with no lock out a couple times now. since my last post i installed the PRL flex fuel kit and flashed the ECU with the TSP stage two tune. I noticed when buying the tune it said WOT shifting enabled at 5k rpms. So i wanna say its a tuning issue being locked out like that. Especially since the only things ive done since is that tune and the flex fuel kit. Good luck guys

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update*
Are yall still having the same issue??
So ive WOT shifted from 2nd to 3rd to 4th with no lock out a couple times now. since my last post i installed the PRL flex fuel kit and flashed the ECU with the TSP stage two tune. I noticed when buying the tune it said WOT shifting enabled at 5k rpms. So i wanna say its a tuning issue being locked out like that. Especially since the only things ive done since is that tune and the flex fuel kit. Good luck guys
Tuning has nothing to do with it being physically “locked out”. It’s a mechanical issue.
I still have the same issue I’ve just learned to deal with it. If i need to go to redline I just do the no lift shift and it’s fine. I have a spare master slave cylinder and I’ll be taking out the CDV and installing that soon

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Weird how some have no issues and some have issues. I know SPEC has revised the clutch to try to help this issue but any damage you do to the pressure plate can also cause an issue. Not saying anyone did but it but improper alignment can cause damage to the pressure plate.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Weird how some have no issues and some have issues. I know SPEC has revised the clutch to try to help this issue but any damage you do to the pressure plate can also cause an issue. Not saying anyone did but it but improper alignment can cause damage to the pressure plate.
Revision for those people who have already spent money on purchase and installation doesn't help. They should have thoroughly tested their product before releasing it, instead of screwing a bunch of customers. When I spoke to them on the phone and told them of the issue, guy literally says, "Yeah I don't know exactly why that is happening, but we've been getting that feedback and are trying to figure it out". Not very confidence inspiring from a big name company. Aside from removing the CDV, installing a PRL braided clutch line, and adding amsoil sycromesh, I don't plan on doing anything else.
On a positive note, it holds the power, its very streetable, and if I need to speed shift it will let me as long as I don't let off the throttle ( although im hesitant to try this 1st->2nd gear)

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad they revised this

My clutch started slipping with the TSP stage 1 on level 3, then I moved it to level 2 and it was still slipping in the same revs/gear. So just leaving it at level 1 (near-stock) and will do more handling mods until I'm ready to spend $1500 (ugh)

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Glad they revised this

My clutch started slipping with the TSP stage 1 on level 3, then I moved it to level 2 and it was still slipping in the same revs/gear. So just leaving it at level 1 (near-stock) and will do more handling mods until I'm ready to spend $1500 (ugh)
Once you glaze the clutch from slipping it won't get better

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Glad they revised this

I think I am going to be next. Hasn't started yet but I know its coming. :cry:
I want to see something from Centerforce.
Seems like not much is worth a damn out there. Should my confidence be lost with Spec? I was leaning toward Spec but now I dont know.....

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Revision for those people who have already spent money on purchase and installation doesn't help. They should have thoroughly tested their product before releasing it, instead of screwing a bunch of customers. When I spoke to them on the phone and told them of the issue, guy literally says, "Yeah I don't know exactly why that is happening, but we've been getting that feedback and are trying to figure it out". Not very confidence inspiring from a big name company. Aside from removing the CDV, installing a PRL braided clutch line, and adding amsoil sycromesh, I don't plan on doing anything else.
On a positive note, it holds the power, its very streetable, and if I need to speed shift it will let me as long as I don't let off the throttle ( although im hesitant to try this 1st->2nd gear)
I have the revised clutch and will be installing this weekend and will need to break it in before testing the lockout issue. I will install it with the stock slave and line first and see how she does. I want to be able to give feedback with no other variables. I will be running the aluminum flywheel not the steel.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I have the revised clutch and will be installing this weekend and will need to break it in before testing the lockout issue. I will install it with the stock slave and line first and see how she does. I want to be able to give feedback with no other variables. I will be running the aluminum flywheel not the steel.
I look forward to your review!