First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10g 1.5 Sport Plus CVT
Country flag
Hi all,

Looking to upgrade speakers in my Sport Plus Hatch.

All choices I have are more less between Alpine SPR 60 c and JBL Stadium GTO 600C.

JBL is bit expensive (huh, like Apline is not?), but I have great experience with that brand.

What is your opinion about this? Are there more choices on market for similar budget?

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Find them on display at a big box store or stereo shop and listen to them. I don't know what your ears like. Also, listen to the other things available. The shop could have a small batch band you've never heard of that you might like

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
JBL gto! I had those in my Chevy truck. They sound great with strong mid bass to. Just make sure you dynamat the panel before you put the speakers in or it will rattle the crap out of the panels. Plus make sure you put an amp to them or they will not perform like intended. I had 150 watts per channel continuous going to my component sets

OP
OP

iceNick

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10g 1.5 Sport Plus CVT
Country flag
Also, I didn't mention, that in previous 9gen (European) I had JBL GTO 609C, and they where perfect, even with genuine Honda multimedia (it hat flat sound equalizers).

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Also, I didn't mention, that in previous 9gen (European) I had JBL GTO 609C, and they where perfect, even with genuine Honda multimedia (it hat flat sound equalizers).
I believe you, but I know they can handle a lot more power than the factory unit can put out. Factory units usually only put out 40 watts max per channel. The JBL’s can handle 100 watts continuous and around 250 max. If you are gonna spend the money for the JBL’s then don’t go cheap with the power lol. You give them the power they want and you will see a world of difference. They got a full and powerful sound. I was actually thinking about getting some more JBL’s for my car but the salesman talked me into some Audio Frogs. I got 100 watts continuous going to mine right now and sound amazing. Those JBL’s will do the same thing but you got to put the power to them. It’s definitely night and day when you are comparing 20 watts continuous to 100. Just my honest advice