First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2010 Subaru Legacy
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Presumably the speakers in the 2016 Civic are in common 6.75-inch speaker openings.
I am buying some speakers described as
'6-1/2" 2-way car speakers — for 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings' ...the only reason I ask is that the website says, "Sorry, we haven't researched your vehicle, so we won't be able to provide installation accessories or MasterSheet™ instructions."
Sponsored

makemerush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah - I eyed them out and they looked the same size as my 08 Civic so I'm confident they're 6.5 inches. However, know that you will likely need an adaptor ring as basically all Hondas do. You can buy them on Amazon or eBay.

Scosche makes one that needed countersunk screws on my 08 Civic or you can get the American International Honda Speaker Adapter Kit - HSB524 (that's what I got) that won't need any modifications from what I can tell.

The other alternative is using a piece of MDF and cutting it out in the right shape with a power tool, then drilling holes to mount the speaker.

The adaptor allows the use of a deeper speaker (as most good aftermarket speakers would be).

The Polk db651S (S is for slim) is usually a good fit in the front of Civics.

Keep in mind that I haven't taken the door panels off to measure anything.