unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Ordered the kit off HPN, apparently backordered. Guess I'll wait and see how long it'll take.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ordered the kit off HPN, apparently backordered. Guess I'll wait and see how long it'll take.
Actually wasn't HPN, was hondapartswholesaledirect.com, ordered on 5/10, shipped out today. $183.51 for the kit, $40.91 for shipping.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I prefer leaving the default kit as it saves the additional weight which will be carried around. Also some tire plugs can save you with small punctures as air pump works well without using that gunky sealant honda provides in the pump

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
Country flag
Does the spare kit effect your trunk space or does it fit in the area where the inflator is under the false floor?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Does the spare kit effect your trunk space or does it fit in the area where the inflator is under the false floor?
It raises the floor a bit.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
It raises the floor a bit.
A bit? I admire your optimism. The spare tire kit consumes 11% of the sedan's trunk space and 16% of the coupe's. ;)

If you look at the Canadian specs, the Si sedan lists a cargo volume of 379L (13.4 cubic feet). The US specs list 15.1 cubic feet, so the spare tire kit takes up 1.7 cubic feet of trunk space.

The Canadian Si coupe shows 289L (10.2 cubic feet). The US shows 12.1 cubic, so the spare tire kit takes up 1.9 cubic feet of trunk space in the coupe - more than the sedan.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
16% sounds like a bit to me. It's not like people buy a Civic Coupe expecting a Family Truckster. I can still fit golf clubs, groceries, or a dead hooker back there just fine. ;)

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
With the DIY kit you lose about 2 inches of depth in your trunk. At first I did not like it but now I don't have any issues. Was able to take a small trip to Austin with luggage for four of us and a 40 pack of water without a problem. Two out of the three girls WAYYY overpacked too

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
A bit? I admire your optimism. The spare tire kit consumes 11% of the sedan's trunk space and 16% of the coupe's. ;)
16% sounds like a bit to me. It's not like people buy a Civic Coupe expecting a Family Truckster. I can still fit golf clubs, groceries, or a dead hooker back there just fine. ;)

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like I got the Sedan foam bits instead of the Coupe foam bits. Whoops.

I should have ordered 06421-TBJ-A00ZA. Going to order that, then sell the sedan kit here.

Last edited:

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Looks like I got the Sedan foam bits instead of the Coupe foam bits. Whoops.

I should have ordered 06421-TBJ-A00ZA. Going to order that, then sell the sedan kit here.
... Sorry to bring this thread back but it's so funny, I did the research and read from the forum here. So I googled (06421-TBF-A10ZA) and got to HondaPartGuys input in my 2020 Sedan Si and the part was right. So I check at BK parts knowing they are in IL which is closer to me hoping I can get it in faster. And I ordered it and giving them my Vin and they told me it's the wrong part. So just want to double check once again if BK Parts is wrong on this one. TIA

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork Screenshot_20200115-003426_Gmail

20BlackSi

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2021 Silverado 1500 RST
Country flag
... Sorry to bring this thread back but it's so funny, I did the research and read from the forum here. So I googled (06421-TBF-A10ZA) and got to HondaPartGuys input in my 2020 Sedan Si and the part was right. So I check at BK parts knowing they are in IL which is closer to me hoping I can get it in faster. And I ordered it and giving them my Vin and they told me it's the wrong part. So just want to double check once again if BK Parts is wrong on this one. TIA

Screenshot_20200115-003426_Gmail.jpg
Hey there, I'm actually glad you brought this up because I just started a search for a spare tire kit as well for my 2020 Civic Si Sedan. I did a quick search on your part number and compared it to the 06421-TBF-A10ZA, the only difference I saw on the description of which vehicles fit these particular parts is that the part # ending in A00ZA states "Si (Hi Perf Tire)", while the part # ending in A10ZA states "Si." Did your car by chance come from the factory with the summer tires? I wouldn't think this would make a difference but I'm grasping at straws looking at the description for which vehicles use the related parts. I could try entering my VIN into the site you used and see if it gives me the same message, mine came with regular all season tires.

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Hey there, I'm actually glad you brought this up because I just started a search for a spare tire kit as well for my 2020 Civic Si Sedan. I did a quick search on your part number and compared it to the 06421-TBF-A10ZA, the only difference I saw on the description of which vehicles fit these particular parts is that the part # ending in A00ZA states "Si (Hi Perf Tire)", while the part # ending in A10ZA states "Si." Did your car by chance come from the factory with the summer tires? I wouldn't think this would make a difference but I'm grasping at straws looking at the description for which vehicles use the related parts. I could try entering my VIN into the site you used and see if it gives me the same message, mine came with regular all season tires.
Mine is just all season tires. But I do believe that the A00ZA is for the coupe and the A10za is for our sedan. And they are all back order
Sponsored