Spare Tire for Type R

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Placed an order with the same IL dealer - looks like the setup is on back order right now :(

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Placed an order with the same IL dealer - looks like the setup is on back order right now :(
Can I order just the tire/wheel?
Price?

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
You can for $500. That's what makes this "kit" crazy..it's $335 with the tire.
May have missed it -- but where can I order the kit for that price?

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nevermind -- I see it. Sorry. lol

malikot

First Name
Malikot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017
Country flag
just installed mine but my Type R all weather rear mat wont fit anymore

malikot

First Name
Malikot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017
Country flag
well, i did cut the extra plastic in the right side to make it fit perfectly !!

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R IMG_5182.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R IMG_5184.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R IMG_5183.JPG

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
Hey guys 06421-TGH-A22ZA (for snow chains) and 06421-TGH-A32ZA is now available thru Honda:cool:. We did performed parts locator/availability at work today and yes they are finally available for purchase :) after a long back-order ;). As most of you already know, this include everything except for the actual tire :D. Will be placing my order for tomorrow. I need to have my parts guy call parts analyst to find out which of the 2 kits will I need :rolleyes:.

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
I assume that kit comes with the jack as it is shown in the image. Does it fit somewhere under the floor? I don't see it anywhere in the images.

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
Yes Kit comes with everything and yes including the jack. Jack placement is on the left side cover. You will need to purchase the tire separately thru Tirerack. Spare tire size is T125/70R18 (99M) Continental. Also For those of you who are wondering. The temporary spare wheel does fit in the front. Clearance is somewhat tight between the wheel and the caliper (and I did spin it to make sure it does not rub). I was not able to take pictures as I did my test fitment minutes just before our shop closing time.

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes Kit comes with everything and yes including the jack. Jack placement is on the left side cover. You will need to purchase the tire separately thru Tirerack. Spare tire size is T125/70R18 (99M) Continental. Also For those of you who are wondering. The temporary spare wheel does fit in the front. Clearance is somewhat tight between the wheel and the caliper (and I did spin it to make sure it does not rub). I was not able to take pictures as I did my test fitment minutes just before our shop closing time.
That's good info. Lots of people parting with their OEMs after upgrading so there may be many full size wheels to go around. I myself am thinking about going with that route...

TypeR1105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I assume that kit comes with the jack as it is shown in the image. Does it fit somewhere under the floor? I don't see it anywhere in
My honda dealership was actually able to order the tire for me as well but I’m not sure if it’s cheaper than tire rack. Thanks for everyone posting info in this thread. I have the weathermat cover too and it doesn’t fit flush since the kit raises everything a little but the cargo net helps hold it in place.

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
My honda dealership was actually able to order the tire for me as well but I’m not sure if it’s cheaper than tire rack. Thanks for everyone posting info in this thread. I have the weathermat cover too and it doesn’t fit flush since the kit raises everything a little but the cargo net helps hold it in place.
You got to cut part of the passenger side off on the Matt to sit flush

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
You got to cut part of the passenger side off on the Matt to sit flush
That's actually not the issue once you put the spare in. The issue is that the floor raises up so up against the back seat instead of going up, in now needs to go down. I have the same issue now (got my spare stuff in the mail this week)
Sponsored