South Carolina Members - Question re Exhaust downpipe

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I am working on relocating from New York to South Carolina. Given that there are no required auto "inspections" like NY and NJ and etc in the State of SC ... what kind of leeway do we have with respect to catted and non catted downpipe? Please let me know what to expect. Thank you. CC
Sponsored

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hmmm... I want to say catless down pipes are illegal just about anywhere hence why they normally throw in that “for off-road or racing use only” but not completely positive. I know years ago no regular shop would install anything catless near me, but as you said we don’t have any type of inspections here. So once it’s installed I don’t see there being any problems. Hope this helps you.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are also noise ordinances in towns all over the state that are selectively enforced. It's usually for bass. The amount of loud pipes on trucks, bikes, and cars around makes me think enforcement is pretty lax for exhaust

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I live in SC. I had a catless setup but switched a a catted full Map exhaust. I have both the street and stealth version.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are no inspections. No one will ever look at your car. You will hear a straight piped truck once a day and it will sound like absolute garage. A bunch o d-bags roll coal. It is a lawless place lol. I say run catted for the sake of humanity. The difference in performance is pretty minimal and the difference in emissions is significant. You won’t run into any problems regardless though. Sometimes when you see some of the freak shows that travel the public roads you will wish for inspections.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can definitely agree with that. What city is everyone in. Feels like I never run into any Si’s where I’m located at. Columbia by the way.
Chucktown, but I just left a job in cola a few months ago. That commute sucked

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Chucktown, but I just left a job in cola a few months ago. That commute sucked
I bet. That’s about a 2 hour drive or so. I couldn’t do that. An hour commute would be pushing it for me.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can definitely agree with that. What city is everyone in. Feels like I never run into any Si’s where I’m located at. Columbia by the way.
Columbia also. LexCo actually. I’m going to try to make it to Cars and Coffee in Harbison on the 15th if you ever go.

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hmmm.... I might. Haven’t really been out to anything like that in years. Mostly due to growing apart from that circle of friends. Do they still meet at the parking lot behind the Sonics in Harbison? And what time would this cars and coffee be on the 15th? I’ll try to make an effort to go. Would be great to see some other Si’s and see what others have modded.