Sort and Search from USB

firefox91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
I loaded up a 32GB USB with music for use in my 2019 Civic EXL. It plays music just fine, but is the interface really this bad? I have well over 300 folders of music on nested in folders by artist name, then album name. It's a lot of music but I can't locate any sort of search functionality. Basically just a list of folders to scroll through. Second, the folders seem to be order of when they were copied to the drive. I copied some of my favorite bands first, then did a mass push of other music, and finished up with some ones I missed on the mass push. Well the folders are sorted in that same order in the menu instead of alphabetically. I don't even understand why that would be a thing. Curious if that is what everyone else sees.
Sponsored

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
I loaded up a 32GB USB with music for use in my 2019 Civic EXL. It plays music just fine, but is the interface really this bad? I have well over 300 folders of music on nested in folders by artist name, then album name. It's a lot of music but I can't locate any sort of search functionality. Basically just a list of folders to scroll through. Second, the folders seem to be order of when they were copied to the drive. I copied some of my favorite bands first, then did a mass push of other music, and finished up with some ones I missed on the mass push. Well the folders are sorted in that same order in the menu instead of alphabetically. I don't even understand why that would be a thing. Curious if that is what everyone else sees.
I have the same issues with mine. Maybe I don't know how to set it all up well enough in the first place? Anyway, this is why I wish it had a CD player.

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
same here, i always wondered how i can sort my folders alphabetically.

even with honda hack, theres no option for that...

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Use drivesort, be sure to set option to include subdirectories and then select save. 32gb will take a few minutes to save the new order.
http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/?lang=en
I use DriveSort (PC) .. works very well.. highly recommend.

Once you are sorted, the Honda Music Player becomes a lot easier to use.

Bear in mind, that your music will be Sorted, and then name & organize your music accordingly.

You can group music together in sub-directories (sing descriptive names) , staring off root (if that makes like easier)

ie C:
----- 01 MY Favourites
---------- The Beatle
---------- The Who
----- 02 ROCK
----------No Doubt
----------Rolling Stones
----------etc
----- 03 POP
---------- Alan Parsons
---------------Twilight
---------------Time Machine
---------- Beatles

You can FORCE the folders into order, by prefixing them with numbers.

Then you can easily see what you have, and if you want, just select & play a particular Folder (and its sub folders)

ie 02 ROCK

etc

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I purchased an Si coupe in May and would like to sort my playlist on my USB. I tried to download Drivesort from the link mentioned above in this thread but get the following message in Windows 10 (see attached image).

Any advise? Are there other reputable programs to use?

Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Sort and Search from USB Capture.PNG

sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
I purchased an Si coupe in May and would like to sort my playlist on my USB. I tried to download Drivesort from the link mentioned above in this thread but get the following message in Windows 10 (see attached image).

Any advise? Are there other reputable programs to use?

Thanks!
You can go to official Microsoft site (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840)

Honda Civic 10th gen Sort and Search from USB 1635949084008

then click Download button and choose both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe
after the downloading you have to install these components and that's it! you're amazing!

Honda Civic 10th gen Sort and Search from USB 1635949155804