Soon to be 2016 Civic Owner.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello everyone! Just stumbled across this site in my long search to determine which civic I want and just how I want it. I can absolutely say that of all places this forum has been the most helpful! There are still some unanswered questions and that's why I'm making this post, in hopes that I can receive some more specific answers.

My primary choice at this moment is the Touring. I have a thing for the top of the line of basically anything I purchase so I naturally gravitate towards it. However, it's price point atm makes it a slightly less optimal choice for me... But it definitely is doable. I have a few concerns about just how much more worth it it is compared to the EX-T and EX-L. I love the heated seats in the back. I'm a bit torn as to whether or not the 450W Sound System and Subwoofer are worth it. How much better are the LEDs compared to the Halogens?

A bit more in depth about the 450W sound system. I currently have a 08 impala with two 10 inch JL audios, which I would love to take with me I just don't want to give up any trunk space (impala trunk space is gigantic, and its a base model so the seats don't have a 60/40 split). Is it possible to take the factory sub out and put a better sub in its place? So I love bass, and would like to have it be decent within my car. I've seen the post of the user who installed a kicker, but the only note he had about the factory sub was that its shit. A little more clarification would be appreciated lol. I just want to see whether it would be more beneficial to get the EX-L and install a sub w an intergrated amp instead. In terms of the other speakers, how is the clarity specifically for Heavy Metal and Dirty South or Trap Music?

Lastly, the accessories that honda offers. I want to go all out when I get this car. I was hoping to get the door visors, possibly the moonroof visor. I was also interested in the Splash Gaurds, but I've yet to find pictures of the three under body spoilers which intrigue me more. I also definitely want all three types of interior illumination, but I stumbled upon the guy who bought a set of 4 aftermarket LED strips which seemed to be much brighter and cool looking. Just to me they seem a tad too flashy and I'd prefer more subtle. Does anybody who has the illumination think they were a good buy? Any other accessories that would be better to purchase direct from honda rather buying after market? I came across the post of the 3M door edge gaurd which seems better than the Honda accessory. I'm also pretty much sold on the mats for the trunk and interior but pics of would be appreciated.

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I've been looking at this car for months and its getting real now that I'll have it soon and I want it to be perfect! Thanks everyone :)

Edit: Also, what are the prices everybody snagged their touring at? I was hoping to get it for 26 with all the determined accessories and hopefully some window tint. Don't quite know what percentage, but I know I want some

Honda Civic 10th gen Soon to be 2016 Civic Owner. 20160726_103209-2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone! Just stumbled across this site in my long search to determine which civic I want and just how I want it. I can absolutely say that of all places this forum has been the most helpful! There are still some unanswered questions and that's why I'm making this post, in hopes that I can receive some more specific answers.

My primary choice at this moment is the Touring. I have a thing for the top of the line of basically anything I purchase so I naturally gravitate towards it. However, it's price point atm makes it a slightly less optimal choice for me... But it definitely is doable. I have a few concerns about just how much more worth it it is compared to the EX-T and EX-L. I love the heated seats in the back. I'm a bit torn as to whether or not the 450W Sound System and Subwoofer are worth it. How much better are the LEDs compared to the Halogens?

A bit more in depth about the 450W sound system. I currently have a 08 impala with two 10 inch JL audios, which I would love to take with me I just don't want to give up any trunk space (impala trunk space is gigantic, and its a base model so the seats don't have a 60/40 split). Is it possible to take the factory sub out and put a better sub in its place? So I love bass, and would like to have it be decent within my car. I've seen the post of the user who installed a kicker, but the only note he had about the factory sub was that its shit. A little more clarification would be appreciated lol. I just want to see whether it would be more beneficial to get the EX-L and install a sub w an intergrated amp instead. In terms of the other speakers, how is the clarity specifically for Heavy Metal and Dirty South or Trap Music?

Lastly, the accessories that honda offers. I want to go all out when I get this car. I was hoping to get the door visors, possibly the moonroof visor. I was also interested in the Splash Gaurds, but I've yet to find pictures of the three under body spoilers which intrigue me more. I also definitely want all three types of interior illumination, but I stumbled upon the guy who bought a set of 4 aftermarket LED strips which seemed to be much brighter and cool looking. Just to me they seem a tad too flashy and I'd prefer more subtle. Does anybody who has the illumination think they were a good buy? Any other accessories that would be better to purchase direct from honda rather buying after market? I came across the post of the 3M door edge gaurd which seems better than the Honda accessory. I'm also pretty much sold on the mats for the trunk and interior but pics of would be appreciated.

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I've been looking at this car for months and its getting real now that I'll have it soon and I want it to be perfect! Thanks everyone :)

Edit: Also, what are the prices everybody snagged their touring at? I was hoping to get it for 26 with all the determined accessories and hopefully some window tint. Don't quite know what percentage, but I know I want some
Good luck with your decision! I would recommend getting the Touring if you can afford it as I feel it offers the most bang for the buck. I'm really enjoying mine and I'm coming from a 2013 Accord EX-L. I would say to get the car first and give the sound system a try before making plans for any renovations. I used to be an audio tech and I think that the system is darned good as it is. I primarily listen to Pandora and XM as well as my own music off of my IPhone and I think that the system is pretty awesome as is! You can always modify later as many do. Happy shopping!

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the LED headlights on the touring. The sound system is ok. If you are used to aftermarket subs it will leave you wanting. I'm not sure you will be able to easily put 10" subs in place of the factory sub. I believe the factory sub is 8" and is in the rear deck. You would have cut out a larger hole in the metal, and that's just to get one sub in. You will likely have to give up some trunk space to get really good bass. I would still get the touring since you can unplug the factory sub and tap off of that to feed your amp for your aftermarket subs. Not sure how easy it is with the other trims. And switching out the headunit on anything above EX is a pain since part of the climate control is in the headunit. Also, since you like your car maxed out, the touring is the only way to get sensing and factory nav.
Sponsored