amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I fully support Ktuner. I have TSP stage 1 tune on my car. It does bring the car to life. But if we are making conversation on the topic, the car still feels like you said "strained". I like what the tune has done for my car but sometimes I feel like I am hurting my car when I go full throttle. It doesn't feel like or sound like the car "wants" to punch like that. I am not comparing vehicles at all here but lets say you get into Corvette and punch the gas, the car FEELS good when it is punched. You can tell it was made for that hard throttle. It feels like it wants to go. I absolutely love my SI but I feel like I am really hurting it sometimes. I dont even go in the red before switching.
It's a combination of the ECU holding back the engine (traction control being over aggressive), and let's not forget that it is a 1.5L engine boosted to 205 hp. I find that the car is very restrained taking off from the line, but than kicks in like a rocket. Once a guy in Toyota Prius tried to race me, off the line he beat me, but after he got about maybe a few feet past me, I left him in the dust ( I don't race, but I couldn't let a Prius beat me!). Remember, this car is built for fun that won't get you in to much trouble and economy, not racing. That is what the Type R was built for!

One more thing I would like to add...when I changed my oil, I went with 0W 30 fully synthetic. It made a very big difference. My Si now runs very smoothly in the high RPM range, much smoother than when it was running the factory filled 0W 20
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, I'm 67 years old and STILL have the urge to go fast, not sure when that goes away.....
If you're an enthusiast and enjoy driving, I don't think it ever goes away. :)

I've had both Hondata and Ktuner and they really do transform the Civic. The added midrange punch and throttle response is amazing.