10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Yes I mentioned I have the stock all seasons. They still have plenty of tread left. Only 8000 miles on them properly rotated. Getting them to break loose all the way to 80mph with the 19.5/23 base tune, sport mode on, is quite common.
What??

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol. It's probably the clutch slipping
I am not sure why you guys find this so hard to believe. I know what a slipping clutch feels like. A slipping clutch definitely doesn't sound like barking tires. I personally do not care if you don't believe me, but it has happened on multiple occasions, and I have a witness to confirm it.
I am not telling anyone to expect anything, just sharing my personal experience. I haven't had my car dynoed yet, but my performance mods are similar bolt on's to many on this forum, and are documented in my Garage.

If you guys have a problem with this, feel free to take it up with the moderator, @360glitch. I have personally been to PRL and talked to them about this, and at least one other Si owner there has confirmed that his car, with the same mods and same tires, does the same thing.

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying my SI a lot. When driving this car at partial throttle, say 1/4th to 1/2 throttle the car feels really good, like a proper sports car. But when you full throttle it, it feels really strained and loses that sports car "feel". No longer feels "punchy", but strained. Will a Hondata or the other choice eliminate this "feel". It's not like I am trying to drag race at every light, but it is annoying when I want to, that's for sure, anyone else have this issue?
Get a Ktuner and get a custom tune. It will feel completely different. My Si hits like a ton of bricks all they way to 6500 rpm. And you can't really full throttle until about 3500 rpms. I actually don't hit 100% TPS until I hit 4k rpm. My problem now is keeping out of boost. It is too much fun hitting full boost on a cold night. I took the car on track at Road Atlanta and I did not feel as though the turbo was lagging or waiting to spool. It was quite fun actually. They just need to release decent track pads for the Si so more of us can take the car to the race track.

Pewter99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ci
That sounds like fun I haven't been to track days since my Corvette got wrecked.
I haven't checked but I'm assuming carbotech hasn't come out with track pads for the Civic?

Hijinx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I’m not talking from a dead stop launch. I’m saying if I’m doing a rolling start, say from like 40mph, the tires will break loose all the way to at least 80mph, well into 4th gear.
My Fiesta ST (@425/380) can break 205/40-17 all-seasons loose at 80mph...if it’s wet or cold. It’s not going to happen under 300wtq.

Maybe you’re seeing the speedo spike to 80mph, but you are absolutely, unequivocally NOT doing “80mph...into 4th gear.” Logically, that would mean you’re shifting from third into fourth and still spinning...? Come back to Earth dude.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
My Fiesta ST (@425/380) can break 205/40-17 all-seasons loose at 80mph...if it’s wet or cold. It’s not going to happen under 300wtq.

Maybe you’re seeing the speedo spike to 80mph, but you are absolutely, unequivocally NOT doing “80mph...into 4th gear.” Logically, that would mean you’re shifting from third into fourth and still spinning...? Come back to Earth dude.
is it still 1 wheel peel ?

Hijinx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
is it still 1 wheel peel ?
My Fiesta? Torque vectoring is amazing on that car, so both spin. I do have an mFactory LSD waiting to go in though.

10civics

First Name
bo peep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
My Fiesta? Torque vectoring is amazing on that car, so both spin. I do have an mFactory LSD waiting to go in though.
i think preludes had something similar to that like 25 years ago if its what im thinking. but i thought it was for cornering enhancement more than straightline traction

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Well grounded on Earth, thanks. And I know a wheel spin speedo vs your actual speed. I’m not claiming anything other than what I and others have witnessed. Either way, it really doesn’t matter. The car needs decent tires to get any real dry traction.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Nah. Not even a hellcat can do it at 80mph. You must be driving on ice or something.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking most of you are misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not saying the car will break the tires loose while you are doing 80mph. However, if you are doing 30 or 40mph, and go WOT in the proper gear, the tires will bark up to 80mph. That is a far cry from saying they will break loose AT 80mph.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the a/s goodyears are the shittiest tire honda could have went with for the si's
Sponsored