MIKROMO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan, 2017 Subaru Forester
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying my SI a lot. When driving this car at partial throttle, say 1/4th to 1/2 throttle the car feels really good, like a proper sports car. But when you full throttle it, it feels really strained and loses that sports car "feel". No longer feels "punchy", but strained. Will a Hondata or the other choice eliminate this "feel". It's not like I am trying to drag race at every light, but it is annoying when I want to, that's for sure, anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hondata/k-tuner will give you that punch your looking for. Invest in it, it will make a night/day difference.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll second the ktuner, installed mine a few weeks ago after about 8 months of ownership, feels like a whole new car again

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying my SI a lot. When driving this car at partial throttle, say 1/4th to 1/2 throttle the car feels really good, like a proper sports car. But when you full throttle it, it feels really strained and loses that sports car "feel". No longer feels "punchy", but strained. Will a Hondata or the other choice eliminate this "feel". It's not like I am trying to drag race at every light, but it is annoying when I want to, that's for sure, anyone else have this issue?
I fully support Ktuner. I have TSP stage 1 tune on my car. It does bring the car to life. But if we are making conversation on the topic, the car still feels like you said "strained". I like what the tune has done for my car but sometimes I feel like I am hurting my car when I go full throttle. It doesn't feel like or sound like the car "wants" to punch like that. I am not comparing vehicles at all here but lets say you get into Corvette and punch the gas, the car FEELS good when it is punched. You can tell it was made for that hard throttle. It feels like it wants to go. I absolutely love my SI but I feel like I am really hurting it sometimes. I dont even go in the red before switching.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the difference Hondata +9 has made on my Si! Pulls like a freight train especially with colder weather now upon us. The Si is quite underpowered in stock form, and needs some aftermarket massaging to bring out it's true potential :)

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner here, running the 19.5/23 base tune for a few months now. All I can say, is it is worth every penny. The car is like a tightly wound spring that you release. When your all seasons are breaking loose all the way to 80mph in Sport Mode, you will thank me.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'll add that this car will still feel strained to some degree - even with the tuner. The "problem" is the longer stroke coupled with the small displacement. That results in a lot of top-end "buzz" that sounds more like an angry hornet's nest than a tuned sports compact.

Both Hondata and KTuner do a great job in minimizing that annoyance. Midrange punch is much more pronounced. And the "buzz" is muted at the top end thanks to the reduction in rev hang.

CN: Get the tuner.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Love the difference Hondata +9 has made on my Si! Pulls like a freight train especially with colder weather now upon us. The Si is quite underpowered in stock form, and needs some aftermarket massaging to bring out it's true potential :)
the hondata flash definitely makes it haul ass over its stock form. from the factory its so underpowered its crazy. an rsx s, a car last made 12 years ago, feels faster than stock 2018 si..

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
the hondata flash definitely makes it haul ass over its stock form. from the factory its so underpowered its crazy. an rsx s, a car last made 12 years ago, feels faster than stock 2018 si..
You know there are a lot of different cars made over the last few decades with completely different engines that are faster than the Si. Lol

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Ktuner here, running the 19.5/23 base tune for a few months now. All I can say, is it is worth every penny. The car is like a tightly wound spring that you release. When your all seasons are breaking loose all the way to 80mph in Sport Mode, you will thank me.
So I have been wanting the Ktuner. When you say the "19.5/23 base tune" does that mean the boost is increased to 19.5 in Normal mode, and to 23 in Sport mode? And I think I've read that this is probably the maximum the stock clutch can handle, right?

simply_the_best

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (FC1), 1999 Toyota Corolla
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
KTuner you won't regret it aside from maybe a slipping clutch due to the massive increase in torque. I'm running KTuner with 19.5psi normal & 28psi sport mode. This thing hauls. I currently cook STi's with zero issues. The other night I gave a newer CTS-V a good run guy was shocked asking what mods I had done. I'm currently full bolt-ons on stock turbo minus flex fuel which is going to be my next step. Hope this helps make your decision a little easier. BTW cruising at 65-70mph with cruise on I get 41.9 mpg.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I have been wanting the Ktuner. When you say the "19.5/23 base tune" does that mean the boost is increased to 19.5 in Normal mode, and to 23 in Sport mode? And I think I've read that this is probably the maximum the stock clutch can handle, right?
I'm running this tune right now with the stock clutch. So far so good, but I am not driving like a maniac all the time.

OP
OP

MIKROMO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan, 2017 Subaru Forester
Country flag
I don't need the fastest car on the road, I'm seeking "feel" which I admit is subjective, and as a sportbike rider, I like responsive vehicles. I can flfill my need for speed and street dominance any time with my bike. Look's like I have a tuner in my near future for my occasional need to humiliate some "squid" with a fart can on his Yaris...:headbang:BTW, I'm 67 years old and STILL have the urge to go fast, not sure when that goes away.....

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't need the fastest car on the road, I'm seeking "feel" which I admit is subjective, and as a sportbike rider, I like responsive vehicles. I can flfill my need for speed and street dominance any time with my bike. Look's like I have a tuner in my near future for my occasional need to humiliate some "squid" with a fart can on his Yaris...:headbang:BTW, I'm 67 years old and STILL have the urge to go fast, not sure when that goes away.....
Something I do occasionally is throttle in with the turbo boost. Going from 15% to 65% throttle gives a slow, luggy feel. Instead, try going to 25-->35-->65% as the boost is reaching the engine.

A buddy of mine drives a turbo diesel truck and he suggested I do this. His words were: If I just go full throttle the truck falls flat on its face. But if I throttle in with the boost is roars to life.

Plus this method gives a little more response to me, as the driver. It 'feels' like I am calling forth the greater power by moving the pedal... not just waiting for boost to hit. It isn't a fix, but worth a try IMO.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I fully support Ktuner. I have TSP stage 1 tune on my car. It does bring the car to life. But if we are making conversation on the topic, the car still feels like you said "strained". I like what the tune has done for my car but sometimes I feel like I am hurting my car when I go full throttle. It doesn't feel like or sound like the car "wants" to punch like that. I am not comparing vehicles at all here but lets say you get into Corvette and punch the gas, the car FEELS good when it is punched. You can tell it was made for that hard throttle. It feels like it wants to go. I absolutely love my SI but I feel like I am really hurting it sometimes. I dont even go in the red before switching.
this has to do with the way the engine delivers power. The vete builds power as you increase rev's a stock Si actually keeps it very very flat. Now if you get a bigger turbo that feeling will go away.
Sponsored