Someone scratched my car!! Need advice for paint repair..

SeeVikE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,

So here's the situation. I parked my car on the street in my neighborhood, and I came back after couple hours and noticed some douchebag had scratched my car with sharp objects, it looks like rock scratch mark, not key scratch. Now I'm trying to figure out what and how I can repair the scratch with minimal cost. Anyone had any experience repairing key scratches on their Civic or just cars in general? Any advice and tips would be amazing!!

Thanks in advance!

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone scratched my car!! Need advice for paint repair.. IMG_0911
Sponsored

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
You could possibly use Honda OEM touch up paint pen. Find the color code and then go to local Honda dealer. They typically have in stock. Easy to use.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Wow that sucks. You may be able to buff most of it out and touch up any remaining. Power tools required. Porter Cable DA or equivalent. Meguiars M105 or equivalent, Megs High Speed Polish or equivalent. Touch up paint any remaining and after that’s dry wax, sealant, your preference of final product. Should get rid of most of it.

Last edited:

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure looks like a few spots went into the plastic

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
This is really the only reason I regret having the Si. I simply can’t park it just anywhere for fear of some jealous loser swiping it with a rock or key. Theft is also a concern of mine.
Sorry this happen to you. But at least it’s in the plastic not the metal. Shouldn’t be too hard to blend away and hide

OP
OP

SeeVikE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow that sucks. You may be able to buff most of it out and touch up any remaining. Power tools required. Porter Cable DA or equivalent. Meguires M105 or equivalent, Megs High Speed Polish or equivalent. Touch up paint any remaining and after that’s dry wax, sealant, your preference of final product. Should get rid of most of it.
I will definitely try this method! Thanks!

OP
OP

SeeVikE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is really the only reason I regret having the Si. I simply can’t park it just anywhere for fear of some jealous loser swiping it with a rock or key. Theft is also a concern of mine.
Sorry this happen to you. But at least it’s in the plastic not the metal. Shouldn’t be too hard to blend away and hide
It really sucks. Somehow I feel Honda always get people's attention. My friend drives the '17 accord sport and got keyed on both the driver side door and passenger side door. I am quite glad mine is not in a noticeable spot like my friend's! I'm extra cautious now.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Just to clarify

1. DA with cutting compound (Megs 105) until most of it is blended. The beauty of the 105 is that it breaks down into finer abrasives as you work it. Microfibre all of it off.
2. High Speed Polish will further refine the finish. Microfibre all of it off.
3. Touch up stick from dealer any parts that paint is gone. Let dry completely, day or so.
4. Final wax/sealant with your product of choice.

You’ll be very surprised at the results... only you will notice any remaining slight imperfections.
Sponsored