Some updated CTR info from trusted sources

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Got off the phone with a trusted source (doesn't mean it's 100% accurate as he doesn't make any decisions this high up and anything can change on the fly, so don't shoot the messenger if something doesn't come to be), but as best as he knows and has heard:

*There will be right at 2500 CTRs made for America this model year. There is a list of color breakdown, but it is listed as confidential and won't tell me those numbers.

*On-sale date is slated for June 15. Cars will start shipping from port a couple days before.

*Best rumor for 2018 MY is that Honda will make about 300 CTRs a month for America market. There is no plan for after the 2018 run. Honda could shut it down after those are done..OR they could reaccess the situation and keep it going depending on demand.

*States not showing in the IN are for no explained reason. Everything should start displaying soon for every dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Anything about the base model for 2018?

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Anything about the base model for 2018?
Another thanks RatedR. I'm also wondering about base and touring trims for 2018, as I most likely will get the base if they offer it.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Oh! And the eta for the 2018's, if you ever get a chance to talk with your source again. :eek: :thumbsup:

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Hmmmmmmm this information is pretty conflicting with the information that I have received from our Honda Region Rep as well as my dealerships owner who attended the meeting in Washington DC where Jeff Conrad himself discussed the availability of this vehicle with them.

However, Honda has changed up information several times for this car, so we will have to see how it all pans out.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
kinda would be nice if someone from honda came out and tell us how many are being imported. Least Ford came out and said they'll make as many RS they can sell.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
Hmmmmmmm this information is pretty conflicting with the information that I have received from our Honda Region Rep as well as my dealerships owner who attended the meeting in Washington DC where Jeff Conrad himself discussed the availability of this vehicle with them.

However, Honda has changed up information several times for this car, so we will have to see how it all pans out.
what is your conflicting information? be nice to compare.

OP
OP
RatedR

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

This info from a top Zone rep. But again, things can and do change.

OP
OP
RatedR

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh! And the eta for the 2018's, if you ever get a chance to talk with your source again. :eek: :thumbsup:
I do have an answer for this, but it's way too soon to make it public knowledge since it's at best a ballpark guesstimate. Going to hold on to this info a bit.

OP
OP
RatedR

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another thanks RatedR. I'm also wondering about base and touring trims for 2018, as I most likely will get the base if they offer it.
He wouldn't confirm or deny this. Said that it is the rumor that there will be 2 trims offered. So nothing new there.

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
*There will be right at 2500 CTRs made for America this model year. There is no listing for exact break down in colors, but it's something we could probably piece together.

*Best rumor for 2018 MY is that Honda will make about 300 CTRs a month for America market. There is no plan for after the 2018 run. Honda could shut it down after those are done..OR they could reaccess the situation and keep it going depending on demand.
That is enough cars to be picky on color and possibility discount. Now the question is should we pass on color?
Sponsored