First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
See attached invoice from honda dealer to solve the issue with noise at 5000-5500 rpm when engaging the clutch and while shifting.

Thank you to the user who provided this invoice in the previous thread that was deleted due to trolls.

Honda Civic 10th gen Solved! Civic Type-R Fix  for clutch at 5000-5500RPM IMG_20190308_080900
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I had this issue too, but I thought it was caused by the modified CMC I bought from k20z3allmotor. I’ll be looking into this and seeing if this is the cause of my issue.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
This might be a issue on the Civic SI as well . A user reported the issue already on the forum and a video was posted.
People have reported this happening on stock vehicles with less than 500 miles on the ODO

It becomes alot more pronounced with hondata due to the increase in HP. I also think us CTR owners who like to drive and shift gears the problem usually occurs right away. I noticed mine around 3k miles on the ODO , bought hondata at 2k miles on the ODO been running the E30 tune ever since. I will be taking my car into the dealer soon to have them read this invoice and investigate the hydraulic line as well as insulate this area. I am wondering if there is a TSB fix for this issue since it seems to be a issue with alot of owners

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
In the previously deleted thread, the user who posted that "fix" also came back and stated that the issue was still happening. Though I imagine I will be labelled a troll for pointing out this detail.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
In the previously deleted thread, the user who posted that "fix" also came back and stated that the issue was still happening. Though I imagine I will be labelled a troll for pointing out this detail.
dont remember that. The problem has been fixed and maybe the tech did not completely do the job correctly
either way the proof is here , if you have something else wrong with your clutch then that is a different issue

you are confusing someone else. the user who provided the receipt from the dealer said the issue w as gone.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
dont remember that. The problem has been fixed and maybe the tech did not completely do the job correctly
either way the proof is here , if you have something else wrong with your clutch then that is a different issue

you are confusing someone else. the user who provided the receipt from the dealer said the issue w as gone.
You missed it because you were too busy arguing with everyone and calling them trolls. The guy came back and said the issue persisted.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
The guy came back and said the issue persisted.
I really think you are mistaken , it was at the end of the thread he posted the invoice after several people inquired about it and he said the issue was gone. It even says it in the invoice ticket that the issue was gone after being insulated.

do you have the issue?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not mistaken. Others in the thread tried to point it out to you as well. He came back and said that after driving more, the issue remained, and that he was going to make another visit to the dealer.

Try sending the guy who posted that screenshot a PM and asking him.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I'm not mistaken. Others in the thread tried to point it out to you as well. He came back and said that after driving more, the issue remained, and that he was going to make another visit to the dealer.

Try sending the guy who posted that screenshot a PM and asking him.
yeah i remember now.. He was a different guy.

Do you have this issue?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not that I've noticed, but have been keeping an eye on it.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Not that I've noticed, but have been keeping an eye on it.
i will be going to the dealer next week and will report back after they insulate my hydraulic line but for right now this is a common issue among owners. There must be a part not designed or installed correctly. I believe there was even a guy on the previous thread who encountered the issue and his was a brand new 2019

non the less this anyone who has this issue should print out the invoice and bring it to the dealer so they can fix this issue first before changing out an entire clutch or transmission. This is a good start towards fixing this issue.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did.

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
The person who posted the invoice came back to that thread and reported the issue still persisted and the fix didn’t work.
Sponsored