• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

SOLD: 2019 Honda Civic Type R 4,600 Miles One-Owner

tbobtx

First Name
tbob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R 2015 Volvo XC60 3.0L polestar 2003 Ford F150 Lariat crewcab
Country flag
I’m a PPF installer so I know all about it. XPel is the most aggressive film on the market. With that being said your Coating must not be that high of quality, the higher quality ceramic coating the more difficult it is to install the PPF. The coating keeps the PPF from adhering to the paint and makes it to where you can peel off the PPF without even trying.
Also when you put PPF on top of ceramic coating you lose the hydrophobic properties of the coating. By putting it on top of the PPF it helps it last longer
actually my coating is next generation not on the market yet. I’m an engineer working with a company that is the leader in ceramic coatings. The key is to tell the ppf installer you have the coating so they know what they are dealing with. Second this coating is selective where it will grip some things and repel others but comes clean very easily. However they said they deal with ceramic coating all the time and figured out ways to make it work.
Sponsored

dre_dayy

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2018 civic
Country flag
actually my coating is next generation not on the market yet. I’m an engineer working with a company that is the leader in ceramic coatings. The key is to tell the ppf installer you have the coating so they know what they are dealing with. Second this coating is selective where it will grip some things and repel others but comes clean very easily. However they said they deal with ceramic coating all the time and figured out ways to make it work.
Why would a ceramic coating need to grip anything? Wouldn’t you want it to repel everything? There are shops in my area that won’t put ppf on if the car is ceramic coated because of how much of a pain in the ass in can be to install.