First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 2017
Country flag
Hello,

My Civic 10th Gen 5 Door seems to have a few software glitches. Sometimes the GPS gets confused and doesn't know where it is. If I stop the engine and start it again then it works. The sound system cannot read FLAC files off the USB stick so I have to save them all as WAV. Sometimes it reads the tracks in the wrong order. Nothing too serious, just little annoying things.

Is it possible to update the software on it? Probably most of these issues have been fixed now. My software is version 1F193.75. I bought the car in 2017 when it first came out in Spain so there may be a software update available now.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
The Honda Music player cannot read Flac files. (only wav & Mp3)

The order that the songs appear on the Display, is the order they were recorded onto the USB drive.
If you want them to display sorted (alphabetical) with all a folder's songs in their own folders, and sorted, then you need to SORT the USB drive.

Many use Drivesort,exe - does a good job.

OP
OP
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 2017
Country flag
Thank you Scopesys. I sorted the USB disk alphabetically using an Ubuntu utility and it worked so that is one thing sorted. Still, I would like to know if I can update the software. There are loads of small bugs in the software.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thank you Scopesys. I sorted the USB disk alphabetically using an Ubuntu utility and it worked so that is one thing sorted. Still, I would like to know if I can update the software. There are loads of small bugs in the software.
There are some updates for certain models, to address some early issues, but it's a big risk doing any yourself. Not all updates are specific for your car, and it is not obvious what updates are meant for what cars .. I guess the Dealers have that info, but not the general public.
Also, it is my understanding that any Updates, if they actually load, and not reversible, so it you upgrade with the wrong software, you most likely cannot go back.

There is no "re-formatting" and re-installing an old version -- at least not by the user, or the dealer.

Your dealer should be able to give you better info, as to if an update is available, and exactly what that update is meant to fix.
Sponsored