Software Update Costs $140

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
Here at the dealership getting my oil changed. They said they will make sure about the metal pan being installed properly with all screws and clips. Oil change and tire rotation was $78. And I asked about the software update and my VIN wasn’t in the models that have been affected... so I guess sometimes my pandora will work without being connected to Apple CarPlay. The Bluetooth will have to be the way to use pandora wirelessly.
78 dollars for an oil change and tire rotation? that dealer is highway robbery. my current car holds 8 quarts of synthetic blend and its 58 dollars with tire rotation. are you getting a full synthetic change?
Sponsored

whiteboyblackcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
78 dollars for an oil change and tire rotation? that dealer is highway robbery. my current car holds 8 quarts of synthetic blend and its 58 dollars with tire rotation. are you getting a full synthetic change?

Yea it’s a full synthetic oil change and it was $68. Fat fingers sorry lol. He even gave me a discount and I paid $61.38 out the door. I’m not happy paying that but I’d rather have full dealer documentation so they can’t deny any warranty work if something happens. Honda always overcharges for services. Something I’ve been used to for awhile now.

Also ordered foam for my seat because drivers side right bolster has a slight squeak. Thats under warranty so I’m not worried about that.

About the software update I’ll just have to talk to him next time when my seat foam comes in and see if I can have them try to update it.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I’m not happy paying that but I’d rather have full dealer documentation so they can’t deny any warranty work if something happens.
FWIW, I asked the service guy at my dealership if doing my own maintenance would affect my warranty, and he said that as long as I keep the receipts of the stuff I buy (oil, filters, etc) and log when I do the work, I'd be fine.

I'm not saying that that's an official line from Honda, and I'd rather have it be on paper than just a verbal agreement, but it's something worth asking about. I'd much prefer to have full documentation maintained by the dealer, too.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Oh, and I'd be totally on board for downloading an ISO and making my own USB updater.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I've had lots of iDevices and never remember paying for updates. OSX used to cost though.
OS X upgrades used to cost $129. They were later lowered to $29 then to $19 before they became free in 2013.

iOS upgrades have always been free except for the iPod Touch where Apple had to charge for them due to accounting rules until 2009.

Merlanit0

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Indeed, the have an update for the infotainment system that will cost you $140 not including taxes. This is ridiculous, there has to be a way to update the head unit yourself. It's another android base device. Someone needs to retract the update and see if the rest of us can update the unit, or charge less for it.
Sponsored