amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Run from last summer. As you will see there’s a grey type r that did something we are not fond of. Although he got a warning he decided to not come out with us anymore
Maybe I missed something in the video, the only thing I saw him do was avoid bicyclists twice

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Maybe I missed something in the video, the only thing I saw him do was avoid bicyclists twice
When you’re coming up to a corner with a bicyclist you need to just brake and stay behind the bicyclist until you pass the corner and see that you are clear to pass. @ 4:17 of the video you see a car facing him head on. If it was a faster car or motorcycle coming around that corner game over.

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you guys do azusa or gmr lmk i would love to join you guys
Awesome will do!

I’ll wait to see what mountain people would prefer or if there is no preference, I’ll just pick one and post it on here. Date for sure will be 03/08 and time 7:00am. Gives enough time to get back to our day and families.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you’re coming up to a corner with a bicyclist you need to just brake and stay behind the bicyclist until you pass the corner and see that you are clear to pass. @ 4:17 of the video you see a car facing him head on. If it was a faster car or motorcycle coming around that corner game over.
OK, thanks. It happened so quickly I wasn't sure if maybe the bicyclists came out into the center and he was just going to fast. You are correct, you have to account when going around blind corners that someone may have slowed down/stopped, there is a a bicyclist or someone changed into your lane

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
OK, thanks. It happened so quickly I wasn't sure if maybe the bicyclists came out into the center and he was just going to fast. You are correct, you have to account when going around blind corners that someone may have slowed down/stopped, there is a a bicyclist or someone changed into your lane
as much as the bicyclists hate us lol. They don’t realize we prioritize them first over everything.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
as much as the bicyclists hate us lol. They don’t realize we prioritize them first over everything.
Here in Northern Cal, they rule the road, they will drive right into traffic. On roads like the one your guys were driving, they will actually get into the middle of the road...because they know they can and hold up traffic for miles and not care

SCcanyoncrvr

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Here in Northern Cal, they rule the road, they will drive right into traffic. On roads like the one your guys were driving, they will actually get into the middle of the road...because they know they can and hold up traffic for miles and not care
lol assholes

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I had the chance to drive up Los Angeles crest this morning. It was a fun drive! This is the 2nd time I’ve taken it up there and the first time was with my family.. so today I had more fun. I got there around 7:30am and had a few cars slow me down along the way. Thankfully they moved over or I was able to pass them on straight aways. I am really impressed at how well these si’s do on twisties. The stock power is adequate and brake feel is decent to take some curves with some speed. I can only imagine you tuned guys.

So next Sunday, March 08 at 7:00. Meet will be at 8363 Foothill, Blvd. 91040. The 7/Eleven on the corner of Oro Vista. I’m taking off at 7:30am sharp. Hopefully a few of you who are local get to make it out. We can post some pictures afterwards.

My adrenaline was still pumping on the drive back home and there was low Sunday traffic. She is smooth.

Honda Civic 10th gen SoCal Mountain Drive 89A6A86F-5E78-45C8-8CB6-5ECAB7821983

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I had the chance to drive up Los Angeles crest this morning. It was a fun drive! This is the 2nd time I’ve taken it up there and the first time was with my family.. so today I had more fun. I got there around 7:30am and had a few cars slow me down along the way. Thankfully they moved over or I was able to pass them on straight aways. I am really impressed at how well these si’s do on twisties. The stock power is adequate and brake feel is decent to take some curves with some speed. I can only imagine you tuned guys.

So next Sunday, March 08 at 7:00. Meet will be at 8363 Foothill, Blvd. 91040. The 7/Eleven on the corner of Oro Vista. I’m taking off at 7:30am sharp. Hopefully a few of you who are local get to make it out. We can post some pictures afterwards.

My adrenaline was still pumping on the drive back home and there was low Sunday traffic. She is smooth.

89A6A86F-5E78-45C8-8CB6-5ECAB7821983.jpeg
how far into the canyon you go i usualy do crystal lake

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
how far into the canyon you go i usualy do crystal lake
It depends. I went up about 30 min yesterday. That’s probably like 10-15 miles in.

Cool. I just saw where Crystal Lake is. That Sunday I’ll probably make it up to Newcombs Ranch. That spot is pretty cool!

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
It depends. I went up about 30 min yesterday. That’s probably like 10-15 miles in.

Cool. I just saw where Crystal Lake is. That Sunday I’ll probably make it up to Newcombs Ranch. That spot is pretty cool!
its really nice ima tag along with you so we both can enjoy the ride :D

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

89A6A86F-5E78-45C8-8CB6-5ECAB7821983.jpeg
I'd watch the speed bro, wouldn't want you or anyone to get hurt. I've seen some pretty horrible accidents on hwy 5 making my way back and forth going between NorCal and SoCal. When someone has an accident traveling at 90 plus MPH, it's not a pretty sight. Sorry, just the dad in me

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'd watch the speed bro, wouldn't want you or anyone to get hurt. I've seen some pretty horrible accidents on hwy 5 making my way back and forth going between NorCal and SoCal. When someone has an accident traveling at 90 plus MPH, it's not a pretty sight. Sorry, just the dad in me
No, your are completely right. I appreciate the advice/love. Yeah, I’m normally cautious(as one can be) when I speed. The 210 on Sundays normally has some open road to be able to do so. I don’t drive like that all the time. I know an accident at that speed is basically a wrap.
Sponsored

Last edited: