SoCal 10th gen

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
SoCal 10th gen owner to be checking in :thumbsup:

Anyone find an LA / San Bernadino dealer willing to go $1k under MSRP yet?
Sponsored

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Another LA person checking in! Can't wait for the coupe to come out. I was holding out hopes it would turn out like the concept and it pretty much did. Will be trading in my Fit for it. :thumbsup:

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Most of So Cal is offering them for 1K under MSRP depending on model. This was pulled from Orange County:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/best-way-to-buy-your-civic-look-here-for-options.742/
Not surprised at all. And it won't be long until they're more than $1k off MSRP. We probably have the highest concentration of dealers in the country in this area. Makes it ultra competitive. Good for us consumers.

You working on picking up a sedan? Have a preferred dealer you usually go to?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Holding out for the Si Sedan, providing Honda doesn't screw it up lol. I'll go with whatever dealer gives me a good price.

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
When you say $1k off MSRP, is it the MSRP mentioned on the website or on the sticker of the car? I noticed there's a disparity between them when I visited the dealer (the touring had a $500 difference, higher at the dealer).

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
When you say $1k off MSRP, is it the MSRP mentioned on the website or on the sticker of the car? I noticed there's a disparity between them when I visited the dealer (the touring had a $500 difference, higher at the dealer).
There should not be a disparity. For the Touring, the MSRP is $26,500 + $835 destination fee = $27,335 MSRP or 'sticker' price. That is the number you should see on the sticker. Maybe your dealer is adding a 'markup' fee, but you should see that as an add on to the MSRP numbers.

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh thank you didn't know about the destination fee being included as MSRP/sticker. So that makes sense.

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T LSM ; 2006 Civic EX ASM
Country flag
One dealer in Glendale was having a mark-up of $900+ on top of the MSRP on an EX... and that's not even an EX-T in lunar silver that i wanted. As soon as I heard that mark-up, I stood up and headed out the door.

OP
OP
10thG

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
One dealer in Glendale was having a mark-up of $900+ on top of the MSRP on an EX... and that's not even an EX-T in lunar silver that i wanted. As soon as I heard that mark-up, I stood up and headed out the door.
Keep dreaming dealer... Hope nobody is foolish enough to take that car.

Keep looking man we have so many dealers in LA area it's always a buyers market IMO.

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
another Cali Person here. I'm hoping prices come down a little bit when i buy in 7 months. I live in Santa Barbara County, so am only a few hours from LA or San Jose, where the most competitive pricing is. cheers.

enboe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2014 Stingray Premiere
Buena Park Honda sold an LX/CVT to me today for $2284 under MSRP. I think the deal-dam is about to burst. Eric