So who else turns traction control off when there's snow?

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
I will switch from blizzaks to “General Altimax winters” for the next season .. I heard they were better too ... I’ll research those toyos you mentioned ...

My tune was done at rv6p facility near Chicago... the standard ktune for the k20c2 includes vtec in all gears by default with the reflash ....
Sponsored

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Here’s a little pull with my current mods and setup ... downpipe and tune makes a huge difference

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Is my 2016 Civic LX with MT have this VSA ? To me it look like a stupid gadget in a snow country

chisav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
I'll have to agree with the guys saying VSA makes it harder for the car to get up hills and accelerate from a dead stop. I've gotten pretty annoyed with it lately just trying to leave stop lights and stop signs. This is with the shitty stock tires mind you. I should have my Hakkapeliitta 8s on next week so we will see if there is a huge difference.

duraz0rz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Grey
Country flag
I haven't had my car long enough to drive through snow, but I remember having to disable TC on my old Dodge Journey to actually get anywhere in snow. I imagine it's the same deal here.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Trust me it is super easy. Takes like a minute. Hold brake and press VSA button twice. Flip e-brake on and press VSA twice. Hold brake and have e-brake still on and hit VSA twice. Should start flashing saying off.
Wow that's nuts, why did they make it so complicated compared to other civics where its just a button you hold down?

In terms of traction control does anyone find it too sensitive? Living in Ottawa snow is guaranteed for many winter months and I find the TC kicks in so soon after a slip is sensed. Reason I say this is I also own a VW Golf and traction control does not activate so soon after a slip where as my Civic as soon as a slip is slightly detected the TC light flashes at me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing tbh.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That trick is completely disable the stability control... The quick press to disable the TC only works up to 20 mph.. Any speed beyond that and the TC and stability control will still kick in... The ebrake and brake sequence disables it fully
1) Our '12 Si can disable TC at speeds up to 51 mph (speed where I tested it) in any gear (3rd & above) with or w/o speed control on and operating - I admit I didn't try to do a burn-out while it was disabled, but could have in the snow & ice.
2) Stability control is for when you're loosing it and most people (drifter's excluded) would appreciate that help no matter what.

OP
OP
TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1) Our '12 Si can disable TC at speeds up to 51 mph (speed where I tested it) in any gear (3rd & above) with or w/o speed control on and operating - I admit I didn't try to do a burn-out while it was disabled, but could have in the snow & ice.
2) Stability control is for when you're loosing it and most people (drifter's excluded) would appreciate that help no matter what.
Yeah the problem is the car thinks you're loosing it just going up a steep snowy hill and applies the VSA lol.

ChrisSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2009 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the problem is the car thinks you're loosing it just going up a steep snowy hill and applies the VSA lol.
It would be nice if it had a snow mode. I have no doubt that the engineers could and would love to do it, but were probably hampered by someone in product management.
Sponsored