Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
I was hoping this topic would have been a sticky but I really don't see much discussion of what people's favorite waxes or sealants are. In particular, having a new car, I'd like to avoid anything abrasive. I suppose the spray-ons are the easiest to use, generally the safest as far as abrasiveness, but the least durable. I've seen good things said about Nu Finish ("The Once a Year Car Polish") - but it claims to be a polish. Despite that claim, Consumer Reports and this article: http://www.expert-mobile-car-detailing.com/nu-finish-car-polish.html say it is not abrasive (the Darren Priest article claims that "polish" is a misnomer - and that it's actually a sealant).

I'm curious what products you use to keep the paint looking slick-wet and the rain drops rolling in tight beads on your bonnets without introducing the swirls that come with abrasives.
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This topic is usually a matter of personal opinion.

For wax I've been using Meguires Ultimate Class paste wax for a while now. I'm a huge fan of this stuff. Lasts a while and is super easy to apply and remove.

For polish, I like 3M Finesse-It purple. That stuff cuts beautifully while being very gentle on the clear.

I just wheeled my WRX with both these products. My carbon hood was a disaster from sitting outside all winter. I was worried it wasn't going to come back, but this stuff worked beautifully. Thing looks good for being 15 years old!
Honda Civic 10th gen So .. what's the best car wax/sealant? 35082843_10155881056002983_4962465141477081088_o Honda Civic 10th gen So .. what's the best car wax/sealant? 35065623_10155881055792983_7067379951267217408_o
Honda Civic 10th gen So .. what's the best car wax/sealant? 35160566_10155881056527983_2035542794377887744_o
I know it looks like dust, but this stuff would not come off with any amount of rubbing. Even just putting wax over it didn't hide it. This picture was taken as I was wheeling right after washing the car.
Honda Civic 10th gen So .. what's the best car wax/sealant? 35223570_10155881056272983_1279140633407127552_o

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
So far, the only wax I have used on my 2017 is the Turtlewax Black kit. It is a two stage process by their instructions so it was a long afternoon. Here is how it turned out.

Honda Civic 10th gen So .. what's the best car wax/sealant? 20180510_151459

Honda Civic 10th gen So .. what's the best car wax/sealant? 20180510_151523

calijoefornia

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L in Lunar Silver Metallic
Country flag
I use both wax and sealant on my 17 lunar silver sedan. First I apply sealant if it’s due, which is use Chemical guys Jetseal. I’ve used it for years with excellent results on every vehicle I’ve detailed or owned personally. For wax, I typically go with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax though lately I’ve been experimenting with other waxes. Still, my go to is BWW.

R-14267

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R #14267
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best sealant/wax combo I have found is Jescar Power Lock + Polymer Sealant, followed by Collinite No. 845 Insulator Wax. Apply the Jescar sealant quarterly, and the Collinite wax monthly (or as often as you like). Lots of videos on Youtube describing how to properly apply these sealants and waxes.

I also bought some Chemical Guys White Lite Glaze (my CTR is championship white), but haven't tried it yet.

When drying the car, I have been using AMMO Hydrate as a drying aid with a microfiber towel. I'm really impressed with this stuff. It revitalizes the wax and brings back the shine.

If I get bird poo on the car and cannot properly wash it off I'll use either Griots Best of Show Detailer (which can be found at Autozone), or Pro Honda Spray Cleaner/Polish (online). This keeps the car looking fresh and the poo from etching the paint.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Wax is like wheels and tires. Everyone has a personal opinion and favorite. There is a lot of variety and choice available, but asking on a forum, you will get a lot of different responses, yet, there is no right or wrong.

The good thing with most car waxes and sealants is that they are not going to break the bank if you need to try a few different ones, although, some multi-stage options do get expensive.

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance
Zaino paint products for the last 15 years+.

Reactions: Yal

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone use Sonax Perfect Finish before? How does It perform?
Yes I have used it several times. It is a nice polish and a small amount goes a long way, and it wipes off quite easy. This is the last car I used it on.
Honda Civic 10th gen So .. what's the best car wax/sealant? 8BjLvflOQv-NNXIOa34DZy_IuXVLlwthfSTy_Ll9Txl0fHj5wD_Cq2hGDpoB8P7px7kSAhBMZzJDQLMSpK=w1258-h944-no

moistener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also going to vouch for Jescar Powerlock Plus Polymer sealant followed by Collinite 845. Probably the best combo and longest lasting.

Hondaguy2582

First Name
A a Ronnnnnnnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si White Pearl
Ceramic coating if its a daily driver. Expensive, but the longevity and protection it offers are second-to-none.

I have always done Klasse All-In-One followed by Collinite 845 liquid wax. It seems to give about 6 months of protection in vehicles I have applied it to. Going to try Ultimate wax and Fast Finish for a few months then apply the ceramic coating before Winter.

If your not using a ceramic coating and your car is outside all the time, wash your car AT LEAST weekly(spot clay as needed for embedded contaminants) and always applying Xpress Spray Wax after rinsing to maintain a slick finish! I have even just done the foam cannon wash, rinse, and air dry with blower to get an extra wash in(only should be done if your car hasn't been washed in a couple days) to make hand washing easier that week.

Hope this helps!

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it meant to be applied right after claying or should you compound first, if needed?

Looks like it produces great results!
It is a finishing polish, so either of those are fine. Honestly you should never clay a car unless you plan on polishing it anyways.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was gonna look for a picture to post, but I surprisingly don't have any... But my favorite wax is Collinite 845. It really gives my WOP a nice shine and almost blue specks in certain lighting. It also lasts a while, and water beads on top of it. I also use it on my windshield/windows sometimes.

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I’ve been waxing and polishing my cars for years, as I’m sure most of you have. We like to keep our rides looking nice. I’ve always been a fan of Mcquiers products but mainly their waxes and detailers. And always using a microfiber. But recently I was introduced to theragcompany.com. Now I still use mcquiers quix wax polish sometimes, the optimum products sold on this site are some of the best I’ve ever used, period. They have wax, polishers, detailers, tire shine, sealants, power cleaners, upholstery cleaners, etc. I highly recommend them. They will cost few dollars more than your typical auto store stuff but worth it. The rag company also specializes in rags, obviously. Different types of rags for everything. Their Korean microfiber is the absolute best towels you can buy no doubt. You should definitely go check them out. You won’t be disappointed and your car will be thanking you.

LSM-HB-6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
My go to is Sonax Polymer Netshield once a year, and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer after every other maintenance wash. Its the best hydrophobic/beading of anything I've ever used. It holds up to weather over time very well. I don't detail my wifes car that often, but it's still going strong after over a year.
Sponsored