So someone wrecked into my less than 20 days old civic coupe!!!

allmybyself

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
What's the damage? Is it totalled? Photo?

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Oh no its not that bad, she backed into me at a Wal-Mart. Just a brand new car kinda upset me. She didn't have insurance so I'm having to do uninsured motorist claim.

allmybyself

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
I get it... it sucks. I just wasn't sure if it was a write-off or a fender-bender based on the post title ;)

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Yeah. Oh well hopefully life gets better. I should have made that more clear in the title.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. One of my coworkers bought an LX around the time I got my Civic in March and he's already had 2 people back into him in parking lots. Reason why I always park in the far corners of busy parking lots

On the bright side, you have that out of the way, so when you get little scratches and chips in the future it won't phase you.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
Sorry to hear that. One of my coworkers bought an LX around the time I got my Civic in March and he's already had 2 people back into him in parking lots. Reason why I always park in the far corners of busy parking lots

On the bright side, you have that out of the way, so when you get little scratches and chips in the future it won't phase you.
Usually when you park in far corners or towards the back, people tend to drive a lot crazier in the back of parking lots.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he totalled his car. I get it sucks to have your car backed into (and the process you have to specifically go through), but man, what a misleading title. I was kind of excited to see pictures lol.

To avoid situations like that, I do usually park at the back of lots, or park beside people I know at my work. If you know the areas that are prone to this, just try to avoid them. Short of that, there's not much you can do. Just be glad you caught that person and now she will have fun getting insurance in the future (if she ever will again). I have a disgusting taste in my mouth for people who drive with no insurance. My mother got rear ended by some bloke about my age (mid 20's) and he didn't have insurance and the Odyssey wasn't driveable after that. He tried to plea with her not to call the police and not to call his fiancée's insurance company, but she did. Serves him right. He got charged and sued.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Or dumbasses will park RIGHT NEXT to you eventhough there are 5000 empty spaces available.
Cases like this make me nervous. Makes me wonder if they were trying to see if your car was unlocked, or they were going to try and break in. Had that happen a couple times (caught them in the act). So now im suspicious every time someone does that.

On the other hand, id still rather do that then park in the busy parts and have my car keyed or dented, or backed into.

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I think people who have car insurance should go striaght to jail from the accident, automatically lose license. No bail, see the judge within 48 hours, have to pay the entire cost of repair out of their pocket, even if it causes financial crisis for them. That's a real consequence that would make it fair, just, and incentive to never do it. People do it because they can get away with it; there's no real consequence.

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I think people who have car insurance should go striaght to jail from the accident, automatically lose license. No bail, see the judge within 48 hours, have to pay the entire cost of repair out of their pocket, even if it causes financial crisis for them. That's a real consequence that would make it fair, just, and incentive to never do it. People do it because they can get away with it; there's no real consequence.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Do 'not' have?
I hope he gets a police report. And this way take that person to small claims court. Because most likely he will be responsible for the deductible. And he will also need rental car while in shop. So it might tally a $1,000 bill. Most insurances have a $500 deductible for underinsured motorists.
Sponsored