So my wife hit her car

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
whats best option to fix it? I’ll try to pop it out later on tonight if I can.

I’m so pissed lol

Honda Civic 10th gen So my wife hit her car D437AC0E-607D-40DA-A1B9-7FABCFAF7C89
Sponsored

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll probably trying heating it up and pushing on it from the inside and seeing if I can at least get the dent out.

Best option to fix? Ditch the wife, keep the car perhaps? Playing of course(maybe). Sorry about your car. :oops:

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I'll probably trying heating it up and pushing on it from the inside and seeing if I can at least get the dent out.
I couldn't even pull that off. I had one scratch on mine but no paint loss and no dent. still not happy about it.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Damn, sorry to see that happen. Check Yelp or do a search for mobile bumper repair in your area/city.

I had one of those mobile bumper repair guys come to my house to fix a major dent on my old Infiniti. I watched him repair my bumper using these push rods with a ball-end and a heat gun. Then for the paint repair, he masked it off completely, sanded it down and re-painted the entire bumper corner. All of this was done on my driveway. Total cost of repair was $350. And he even fixed a couple door dings for free.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Damn, sorry to see that happen. Check Yelp or do a search for mobile bumper repair in your area/city.
Yes, this is the way to go.

Or ask the dealership. Every dealership has a guy who comes in and repairs the bumper of the CPO. Ever wonder why most CPO have perfect bumpers; not even stone chips!

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pour hot water on it then reach inside and pop the dent out. Immediately pour some cold water on it to set the shape.

Or just leave it as a battle scar.
Gonna try the hot/cold water trick and maybe the heat gun.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leave it. Chances are that several more scars will accrue on the car. No real point fixing it now if this is a daily driver. Once a sufficient number of dents and scrapes occur, spend the money to replace the bumper.

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
I saw a guy on youtube do the hot water method and it worked great and depending on the bumper and dent sometimes no pushing out is required. It just gets warm and soft enough for the bumper to pop back into shape. Good luck and keep us posted on what you did.
Sponsored