NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think because the engine is still relatively new, people are very vigilant of "Blown" motors. We want to know all the details. Who. What. Where. When. How. Leaving out key details is a douchey thing to do. It causes unnecessary panic and worry. With that being said, it's very easy to see why people suddenly turned on you. But hey, we all make mistakes.

Aside from that, everything I've read in regards to Injen's Intake is that it's crap. That's why you see people dumping them online for so cheap. Really, if you want performance you can hear and feel, you need the PRL Cobra. Also, I recall seeing that the FK7 Sports had weaker rods due to some possible metal issues in Thailand. Perhaps this is why Honda agreed to warranty the engine without batting an eye?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
you were able to learn on the original and now you're being given a 2nd chance to do it right, for free. you're lucky. let the guy live

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Its not over until the fat lady sings. I will believe he got a new engine for free when he leaves the dealership with it installed and without a bill in his hand. They could be investigating it now. Don't get me wrong, I hope for his pockets sake that he gets the free engine but I wouldn't jump to believing it based off of his original post. I have no idea what the process is when switching out an engine but if they come across something suspicious half way through, I wouldn't put it past the Honda techs to contest the situation. I look forward to seeing how this all turns out. I sincerely wish you luck OP.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
The reason why its over emphasized is mostly because as the cars age and people search for information pertaining to the reliability of these car/engines I personally dont want to deal with an unwarranted reputation for driving a grenade around, which at this point in time, is completely not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.