So many trading in their Si ?

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I decided to purchase a 2017 BRZ.
I find that really interesting. I test drove a 2018 BRZ Performance Pack before I drove the Si and thought the Si was worlds better in comfort, shifting, clutch action and power delivery.

The BRZ was terrible to drive stoplight to stoplight when we were in the city on my 1 hour test drive.

Also active reverse lockouts can fuck off.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I find that really interesting. I test drove a 2018 BRZ Performance Pack before I drove the Si and thought the Si was worlds better in comfort, shifting, clutch action and power delivery.

The BRZ was terrible to drive stoplight to stoplight when we were in the city on my 1 hour test drive.
I always perceived them as being "cheaply" made cars, even though they are more than our SIs.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Ive driven a BRZ once because my coworker drives one and he let me take it for a spin, the car is fun in its on right with a nimble chassis, a rear that is eager to kick out and it doesnt sound half bad either. However, within the first 2 mins of driving I realized the car is literally begging for a turbo. Its RWD platform with some wider/stickier tires and a turbo would totally transform that car imo. Dont know if thats in your plans or not but if you got some cash burning a hole in your pocket, you could spend it on worse things. BRZ is still good stock though, just not a straight line kind of car.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I loved the Si for cruising because it was so easy to drive and it was comfortable. However, I was looking for a vehicle that feels like a sports car and this was probably why I hated the rev hang so much. I would like to note that I prefer the steering weight and size of the Si more. The BRZ just feels more mechanical, with an amazing seating position and it does not have rev hang. The clutch is also decently weighted without being too light. The mechanical nature of the BRZ reminds me of the g37 my brother use to have. It sucks because I realize that I now prefer N/A engines for their throttle response and we all know that those engines will be going away in the near future.

What I don't understand is how people can call these vehicles (Si, BRZ, Miata, etc) slow because of their 0-60 times. These cars can easily get you thrown in jail if you're not careful. Yes, you do have to work a little harder to achieve higher speeds, but it doesn't require that much effort.

Last edited:

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Unicorn deal
Carvana was going to give me 22.8 for my near new Si, Shift kept bumping up their offer close to 22, and I ended up trading it in for 21 toward my R.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Carvana was going to give me 22.8 for my near new Si, Shift kept bumping up their offer close to 22, and I ended up trading it in for 21 toward my R.
Congrats on the Type R, great performance but the looks of the car are not for me. How much you pay for the Type R if I may ask?

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I loved the Si for cruising because it was so easy to drive and it was comfortable. However, I was looking for a vehicle that feels like a sports car and this was probably why I hated the rev hang so much. I would like to note that I prefer the steering weight and size of the Si more. The BRZ just feels more mechanical, with an amazing seating position and it does not have rev hang. The clutch is also decently weighted without being too light. The mechanical nature of the BRZ reminds me of the g37 my brother use to have. It sucks because I realize that I now prefer N/A engines for their throttle response and we all know that those engines will be going away in the near future.

What I don't understand is how people can call these vehicles (Si, BRZ, Miata, etc) slow because of their 0-60 times. These cars can easily get you thrown in jail if you're not careful. Yes, you do have to work a little harder to achieve higher speeds, but it doesn't require that much effort.
My Si Coupe with Ktuner is not slow, with over 20 PSI of boost the car can get away from you very quickly. I test rode the BRZ before I chose the Si, the BRZ wasn't as smooth or as quiet inside as the Si.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My Si Coupe with Ktuner is not slow, with over 20 PSI of boost the car can get away from you very quickly. I test rode the BRZ before I chose the Si, the BRZ wasn't as smooth or as quiet inside as the Si.
I definitely agree with you there. It lacks a lot of sound deadening, the ride is more stiff and the engine noise is louder in the cabin (primarily due to the sound tube).

Did you drive a 17 or 18 BRZ manual with the revised gearing? I feel that the BRZ actually has more torque down low from 2k -3k. I was actually surprised that I didn't need to downshift in order to pass people on the highway.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I definitely agree with you there. It lacks a lot of sound deadening, the ride is more stiff and the engine noise is louder in the cabin (primarily due to the sound tube).

Did you drive a 17 or 18 BRZ manual with the revised gearing? I feel that the BRZ actually has more torque down low from 2k -3k. I was actually surprised that I didn't need to downshift in order to pass people on the highway.
The BRZ was a used one a few years old, I chose the Civic it was a lot more quiet and smooth. The Si with Ktuner is not a slow car

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the si with kt or fp is definitely not slow.

i dont know how ppl can call a car that weighs 2950 lbs with 230+ whp slow.

i remember when the itr came out with its 195 hp and 139 lbft of torque. nobody called that slow.

granted that was a lighter car by like 200 lbs but still.

slow is the base model civics with their 150 hp engines or the elantras with their 140 hp.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag

I'm not selling. At 51,000 miles I just put on a set of Michelin A/S 3+s. It really quieted down the interior noise a lot. I can hear the engine more and it is easier to carry on a conversation.

I think that most of us who bought an Si were looking for a bit more performance. But more importantly we were looking for dependability and economy. Those who realized that they just have to have the performance are bailing out. A lot of us are putting up with the compromise, while others are doing mods. I'm looking forward to a lighter flywheel when I replace the clutch plate.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
the si with kt or fp is definitely not slow.

i dont know how ppl can call a car that weighs 2950 lbs with 230+ whp slow.

i remember when the itr came out with its 195 hp and 139 lbft of torque. nobody called that slow.

granted that was a lighter car by like 200 lbs but still.

slow is the base model civics with their 150 hp engines or the elantras with their 140 hp.
Slow is a relative concept. What's fast for one driver can be really pedestrian to another.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sold the car had plans to get an s5, I changed my mind last minute. I didn't have anything to drive so I bought a 04 Lesabre. I'm still looking for something next car will be old. Looking to get this 99 c43.

@87elco hahaha SMH.
:nixon:deuces

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm not selling. At 51,000 miles I just put on a set of Michelin A/S 3+s. It really quieted down the interior noise a lot. I can hear the engine more and it is easier to carry on a conversation.

I think that most of us who bought an Si were looking for a bit more performance. But more importantly we were looking for dependability and economy. Those who realized that they just have to have the performance are bailing out. A lot of us are putting up with the compromise, while others are doing mods. I'm looking forward to a lighter flywheel when I replace the clutch plate.
How do those tires perform? I am about to get them installed tomorrow.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Slow is a relative concept. What's fast for one driver can be really pedestrian to another.
I remember pulling up to the dealership's service department in a new V8 Camaro and this guy said that it was a nice car, but it was slow. In my head I was thinking, "How can a 455hp car be slow?" After a few years with the vehicle, I didn't think that it was slow, but I did get use to the power and it did not excite me as much as it did when I first got it. Now, I am no longer chasing horsepower because that is a never ending battle.
Sponsored

Last edited: