So many trading in their Si ?

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
well i leased a si coupe had it for 8 months and sold it to carvana and made 140 dollars.
How much did you put down on the lease, if any and what was the price of the vehicle? I leased my Civic Si as well, and I had it for 8 months and Carvana offered me about $19,600 on their website and my dealer buyout is roughly $20,500. That is not bad if I decide to switch vehicles. Your situation is a rare one.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I passed on the CTR to get the Si, despite coming from a 270 WHP hatch. The R is a very focused package and is truly a lot of car for the money (assuming you're getting one at around MSRP). But there were quite a few tradeoffs I couldn't get past - namely the absence of the 5th seat and sunroof. All that aside... pricing out the projected costs over 200K, and the Si was a no-brainer. Factoring fuel, insurance, tires, brakes, etc... the Si was roughly a third of the cost over the same period.

I also cross-shopped the Si with just about everything else in the 25-38K range. I factored performance, build quality, feature set, ergonomics, depreciation, projected reliability, and driving behavior. I even looked at design architecture and how easy it would be to do basic maintenance. The Si doesn't do any one thing best. But its charm is that it does everything reasonably well. The only platform that does it better (subjectively) is the Golf. Were it not for the absurd projected long term reliability, I would have done the GTI Autobahn or Golf R.

CN: Both of these cars satisfy a very different niche.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
My wife told me to buy what I wanted and I was originally looking at an STI, then the CTR. The insurance costs knocked me towards the Si, as did the tires.

I had far more fun modding my old WRX than I did modding my EVOX.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
How much did you put down on the lease, if any and what was the price of the vehicle? I leased my Civic Si as well, and I had it for 8 months and Carvana offered me about $19,600 on their website and my dealer buyout is roughly $20,500. That is not bad if I decide to switch vehicles. Your situation is a rare one.
zero down.they gave me 21340

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I passed on the CTR to get the Si, despite coming from a 270 WHP hatch. The R is a very focused package and is truly a lot of car for the money (assuming you're getting one at around MSRP). But there were quite a few tradeoffs I couldn't get past - namely the absence of the 5th seat and sunroof. All that aside... pricing out the projected costs over 200K, and the Si was a no-brainer. Factoring fuel, insurance, tires, brakes, etc... the Si was roughly a third of the cost over the same period.

I also cross-shopped the Si with just about everything else in the 25-38K range. I factored performance, build quality, feature set, ergonomics, depreciation, projected reliability, and driving behavior. I even looked at design architecture and how easy it would be to do basic maintenance. The Si doesn't do any one thing best. But its charm is that it does everything reasonably well. The only platform that does it better (subjectively) is the Golf. Were it not for the absurd projected long term reliability, I would have done the GTI Autobahn or Golf R.

CN: Both of these cars satisfy a very different niche.
Thats why if you buy a GTI, you have fun with it for 3-4 years max and dump it before you start paying for stuff that goes wrong. I think the GTI is good for people who know they won't keep the car too long and they just wanna enjoy the car for a bit. Its not even a debate if you're looking at the long term, Honda wins.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
No more Si that means you gotta be gone from this forum jk. What you riding now?
I sold the car had plans to get an s5, I changed my mind last minute. I didn't have anything to drive so I bought a 04 Lesabre. I'm still looking for something next car will be old. Looking to get this 99 c43.

@87elco hahaha SMH.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Thats why if you buy a GTI, you have fun with it for 3-4 years max and dump it before you start paying for stuff that goes wrong. I think the GTI is good for people who know they won't keep the car too long and they just wanna enjoy the car for a bit. Its not even a debate if you're looking at the long term, Honda wins.
I might do this next time around. I enjoy the shopping/research phase too much to keep a car for 8-10 years. Probably gonna have my Si paid off by spring 2021 and then I'll flip it for hopefully good resale (I drive like 10k km a year) and then get into a 3 year lease on something else

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes the GTIs are quite horrible. I agree they are good 3/4 year cars to own, then get rid of that shit as soon as possible. I also think the current gen is ugly. It looks like a shoe with wheels from side profile. And its very bubble looking.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I decided to purchase a 2017 BRZ.
Ok, I want a full comparison of the 2.

I know the BRZ/86/FRS is a slow turd, but I also know that RWD though.

What made you go to the BRZ (aside from that RWD)? Give me a list of the PROS/CONS of owning it compared to the 10g Si.
Sponsored