So I got rear ended...

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Hate to have to post this again...but fortunately still not at fault along with the other accident.
So I was sitting at a red light and the intoxicated driver behind me decides the light turned green and floors it. I felt like he hit me pretty hard as the car shook pretty bad. He comes out of the car and says "oh you can get angry but there's no damage". Mind you I hadn't even stepped out of the car yet.
I said flatly "I do not care, I am calling the cops". He proceeds to get back into his car and makes a run for it. Luckily I got his plates as he was leaving. But...I later found out the plates were stolen so the guy basically got away.
So...there I was sitting at the side of the road waiting for a good 20 minutes as a cop pulls up behind me. I ultimately decided not to file a report as the damage was only cosmetic, and not really noticeable which I am VERY thankful for.

The funny thing about all this is that right the day before on my commute to work on that same road I was coincidentally at a stoplight again :doh: and here is this guy in the same exact dam car! I know it because it was a junkie car with a plastic bag covering its passenger window (I am assuming there wasn't a glass window there). So, he stops right next to me and just stares at me for a good 10 seconds until I make eye contact with him. Twice. I then am a little pissed off , so I just stare ahead. Jealous...?
The next day I get rear ended by a different skin color guy driving the same car. So different drivers but same car.
Wierd...

Posted pics below.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Glad you’re okay but I’m sorry about your car. If this isn’t the first time I’d invest in a dash cam. I have a front facing and rear facing one in my car. Have all the wires tucked in the trim pieces.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here are the pics after the accident...the sun is shining directly on it so its kinda hard to see.

Honda Civic 10th gen So I got rear ended... 20190325_142838

Honda Civic 10th gen So I got rear ended... 20190325_142831

It seems the force distributed across the bumper instead of concaving in. Props to the engineers for that!

oliviaiiii

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, TT, Civic LX,
Country flag
Should’ve not tell that you’re calling the cops.
Feel sorry for you. It is better than I thought but still it’s painful to look at.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, honestly. About a month ago, I smacked my car into a pole in my parking garage and it was just the worst feeling. Got it back a few days ago after a long stint in a boring-ass base Elantra loaner. Good to see your damage isn't too bad.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Glad you’re okay but I’m sorry about your car. If this isn’t the first time I’d invest in a dash cam. I have a front facing and rear facing one in my car. Have all the wires tucked in the trim pieces.
I am deeply thinking about getting one. May I ask which ones are you using?

oliviaiiii

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, TT, Civic LX,
Country flag
I am deeply thinking about getting one. May I ask which ones are you using?
Yea I have one of those duo facing cam, I’m at work now will take a pic of the cam in a little bit.

Here:

Honda Civic 10th gen So I got rear ended... DC38ADD1-ACF2-4057-87A0-2FDDF02A5C44

Honda Civic 10th gen So I got rear ended... E97B195D-8892-40BB-9802-30983FD48471

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
The guy behind you, "floors it", and that's the only damage he did??

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The guy behind you, "floors it", and that's the only damage he did??
I dont know what you mean by your post, but yes I was very surprised it was such little damage.
And he was a good 15 feet behind me after he stopped. I knew he "floored it" as he had a broken muffler that mad a loud farting noise when you stepped on the gas.

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Oh man...sorry to hear that. At least you're not hurt and the damage to your Civic wasn't worse. Still sucks to see any scratches or scuff marks.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh man...sorry to hear that. At least you're not hurt and the damage to your Civic wasn't worse. Still sucks to see any scratches or scuff marks.
Yes thank you, could have been much worse.
Planning on fixing it myself once whether becomes warmer.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Glad you're ok, you can get some pretty painful neck injuries even from a light tap. I've been rear-ended twice at the same yield sign, once in my new 2013 EX Coupe with 1500 miles on it, once in my new 2016 EX-L Coupe with 600 miles on it. Both were at the same time of day, both were by young women (under 20) both were texting, I was yielding, they didn't, just drove into me. I called the police both times to get an accident report for insurance and was able, because they were at fault, to subrigate both claims, didn't have to pay my deductible (Pa is a no-fault state). In neither case did the police charge them for either texting or failing to yield, I got a bit insistent the 2nd time, but the cop indicated it wasn't worth the paperwork time. The damage to my 13 was about $1,400, needed a new bumper and other parts, the 16 was $650, bumper was ok, just some support parts. Pa has a no-texting law, seems to be largely unenforced. This inattentive driving crap won't even slow down unless they start charging and fineing these people. Any incident even near me now I start taking pictures as soon as I get out of the car, I'm seriously looking at dashcams. Incidentally, both drivers that hit me were driveing 8-10 year old POS beaters, small cars, thankfully not trucks or SUV'S. I feel texting is pretty much the same in terms of its effect as drunk driving. Sorry for the long story/rant, but this new age of "devices" and the inattentive users is posing some real challenges if you are a defensive driver. Adds a new dimension to "watch your ass". Both times I was pretty PO'd having a new car hit not long after taking delivery. I don't go through that intersection with the yield sign anymore. Not going back for a 3rd helping!:eek:

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Next time, take pics of the VIN as well besides the plate. This will help identify the owner better.
He ran before I could even step out! :( I was stuck in the middle of the intersection with people honking at me like I was the crazy one...

Last edited:

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
I feel your pain except mine was a hit and run and my car is only 4 months old. Oh well got a replacement bumper for $150. Bless up civic parts being cheap.

Honda Civic 10th gen So I got rear ended... 659D2CF9-CB79-4098-9BEC-F5FED9FEC29D

Honda Civic 10th gen So I got rear ended... 526DB46C-65CC-4481-A245-3A75A70F22E5